PDA

View Full Version : Sharing information with Teachers

lilac_dragon
05-11-2013, 07:32 AM
I have a Sharing Information with Other Settings permission form for parents of my pre-schoolers - generally for when they're in Nursery or with a 2nd Childminder if we co-share.

However, when I take or pick up the schoolies, a Teacher will often say "can you remind H's parents they've not sent in the permission slip for outings" or even "H is struggling with Number Bonds, any chance of you helping with this while they're at yours and pass it on to Mum too?"

Now the school trip slip is a fairly non-confidential thing, but the Teacher telling me that H has a difficulty at school, big or small, is this something that may also need a Sharing Info letter?
It's never occurred to me to have one for this age group. Am I wrong, is this something that Ofsted will expect?

Anyone help please?

(I don't have a problem with Teachers asking me this sort of thing, and just get on and do it, and the parents have never been taken aback that it's been said/done)

jackie 7
05-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I don't do schoolies but if I did I would have a policy and permission just in case.

Maza
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Well it can't hurt, so if the teachers are co-operating and valuing your input then go for it. It will look good for Ofsted. I do think the teacher should be careful how he/she words things as it might get some parents back up. So for example, instead of saying your mindee is having trouble with number bonds, they could let you know what they are doing so that you could 'reinforce' or 'consolidate' it at your home. When I was a reception teacher one mum had a go at me because I asked the childminder to remind mum of something which was in my opinion 'trivial' and not of a confidential nature. She said she would rather me put a note addressed to mum in the child's bookbag. x

clairer
05-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I do a permission slipping for sharing information for all ages of children.

lilac_dragon
05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks for your comments guys, appreciate the input.

MrsPixie
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I have done a general one for children of all ages just to keep it simple.