PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Touran?

Natalierose
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Does anyone have one? Would you rate them?
TIA X

trickiedickie
02-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't have one so shouldn't be answering this.

I would love we. We have the citreon equivalent which is fine (as far as 7 seaters go), it is spacious and the back doors sliding open, rather than opening wide out onto the street is good.

So can't give you any advice but will watch this thread with interest as would love to get the volkswagon touran in a few years.

tigwig
02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Ive had one and the quality of the car is fantastic however if you are needing all 7 seats regularly it is too cramped in my opinion. I had one on lease when I still worked on my own but had my own young baby and 2 tots so needed a double buggy for school run every day. I just managed to force the buggy in the boot with the back seats up and strap everyone in car seats but there wasnt a lot of room and I was very glad the lease was coming to an end as the car did not fit my requirements. If you have no double buggy and older children to go in the back then great. Its just I had my full quota of 3 under 2's and 3 over 5's all needing car seats bar 1! I now have a Renault grand scenic which offers a bit more space in both boot and in the car. We did look at the vw sharan which was very spacious and fab as is a chrysler but they were far too expensive!

critch
03-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Ive had one and the quality of the car is fantastic however if you are needing all 7 seats regularly it is too cramped in my opinion. I had one on lease when I still worked on my own but had my own young baby and 2 tots so needed a double buggy for school run every day. I just managed to force the buggy in the boot with the back seats up and strap everyone in car seats but there wasnt a lot of room and I was very glad the lease was coming to an end as the car did not fit my requirements. If you have no double buggy and older children to go in the back then great. Its just I had my full quota of 3 under 2's and 3 over 5's all needing car seats bar 1! I now have a Renault grand scenic which offers a bit more space in both boot and in the car. We did look at the vw sharan which was very spacious and fab as is a chrysler but they were far too expensive!

I've got a renault grand scenic too and you can fit a double mclarren in the boot with all seats in use!

k-tots
03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
I have one and I love it......I put my double in the middle on the floor if I need all seats up......currently I only need one up......I have found that the two seats in the back are much more sturdy. ...we went to try nearly every 7 seater in this class....and this was the best...imo.....we also went for it because the two bak seats u can get adults in them abd they have a fair bit of space......go have fun trying all different models out as each car does hqce their good and bad points. ...at the mo I have high back booster in the front....two group 1, 2 and a baby carrier the middle...one group 1, 2 in the rear x

Natalierose
03-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your replies I'm going to go and test drive a few next weekend. Im liking the look of the zafira but worried about boot space. I'll just have to try them all x

k-tots
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
We looked at the zefia but the engine wasnt as good as the vw....1.6 the vw had more grunt x

samb
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I have the Sharan - the next size up from the Touran and to be honest I don't think I would manage with a smaller car. A friend has the Touran (not a childminder) and she only uses the back seats occasionally and says it is very tight back there and was surprised how much bigger mine was when she came in it the other day.

clairer
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I had a Zafira but couldn't get a double in the boot with all the seats up. I can also say I have never had so many problems with a car. My first Zafira blew up on the motorway with my nine mnth old in the back. Terrifying! Vauxhall would not help with the cost of a replacement engine despite it only being a month past its three year warrantee. Vauxhalls are rubbish.

I now have an imported Toyota Previa, it's fab!