PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you need the patience of a saint to do this job

munch149
01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
As my meant to be working today but did a favour and man I've regretted it. He's been trying my patience all day. Child's 4 and been bouncing off the ceiling nt interested in anything planned. Decided to be noisiest when my daughter was sleeping and keeps breaking things. The thing that drives me crazy tho is that he asks the same question over and over again (like 'are we there yet') and it so gets to me. I feel like a broken record with the response. Sorry just needed a Moan. Only 15 mins til he's picked up and it's Friday yay

Tulip
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Hang in there, soon be done :)

jackie 7
01-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I hope you are ok. I had a boy 2 1/2 and now he's gone I feel so calm. He would break anything he could. And yes he knew exactly what he was doing. After a week at nursery the staff said he was full of energy.

clairer
01-11-2013, 11:06 PM
I also find it particularly irritating if a child repeats the same phrase over and over again repeatedly all day! Nice to know I'm not the only one. When it's once every three minutes ALL DAY I want to scream stop saying that!

bindy
02-11-2013, 08:29 AM
That's kids! Have a good weekend !

SYLVIA
02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
The 2yr old boy I have says"What you doing" in the most annoying voice all day long. I've started not answering!

dawn100
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
If a child has a repetitive question I try to re ask them the question or turn it back on them like child says 'are we there yet' so I reply 'do you think we're nearly there yet' child asks 'what are you doing?' So I will either reply 'what do you think I'm doing' or 'what are you doing'. Doesn't always work but sometimes helps as some children just seem to get stuck with one phrase which can try the patience of even the most paitent person!

Kaybeaa
02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
My 2 year old DS is guilty of the constant questions so I know how you feel as I have it all day every day! His favourite is "what are you doing mummy" so now I just turn it back round and ask what he's doing. Sometimes it's just that they're trying to engage you in conversation and that's the only way they know how! It's draining though. Especially when I have other mindees all talking over themselves at the same time!

WibbleWobble
02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
i had siblings who would sit in my double buggy and keep asking "what ya doin Wibble?"

so i would say things like

"having tea with the queen"
"tickling a tiger"
"brushing my hair" etc etc etc

they would laugh their socks off.....but their favourite one was "I am having a poo!"

and this would send them into hysterics.......especially when i said this as were in a tunnel type place infront of a building which was having some building work on (the tunnel was to protect pedestrians)....my voice was amplified in this tunnel and a startled woman spun round to see me looking all innocent and the two little ones crumpled up laughing in the buggy!

wibble the (well you never know i mightve been having a poo) shameless xxx

Koala
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
The 2yr old boy I have says"What you doing" in the most annoying voice all day long. I've started not answering!

I GET THAT TOO, I reply "fishing!" after a while it stops.

They know exactly what I am doing and yes, it gets annoying.

shortstuff
02-11-2013, 05:30 PM

I always answer that I don't know could they help me by telling me lol x

FussyElmo
02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I just have one thing to say to this thread. In my best Isabella impression but

vickylou
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I say "standing on my head" always get the reply "no your not your doing .........," so then I always say "well if you know what I was doing why ask me?!!?" Can never answer that one!! Gives then something to think about!! My 4 yr old has just discovered the question "why?!" To everything I say to her!! Aargh!!

munch149
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
If a child has a repetitive question I try to re ask them the question or turn it back on them like child says 'are we there yet' so I reply 'do you think we're nearly there yet' child asks 'what are you doing?' So I will either reply 'what do you think I'm doing' or 'what are you doing'. Doesn't always work but sometimes helps as some children just seem to get stuck with one phrase which can try the patience of even the most paitent person!

I do this but just get 'I don't know' then he will ask again or he will say 'no you tell me' lol

michelle rachel
02-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Hi their I'm not to shaw what do on here I'm a new childminder and I'm not to shaw what do next I've qualified but I don't really know how to start my business of really gratefully if give me some tips