PDA

View Full Version : What to do? Need answers within half hour please

cbshoat
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I've just changed mindees nappy and noticed she's a little red and sore but also has 2 red lines either side of anus. It looks like she may have sat on something but at the same time I'm not sure if it is something more. Shall I fill in an existing injuries form or just mention to mum? I know mum will say it wasn't there this morning which is a problem with existing injuries.
HELP! She will be collected soon and I don't know what to do!

shortstuff
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
im not sure what i would do, im afraid you might need to go with your instinct x

Bumble Beez
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I would say pop it in as an existing injury and mention to mum, it could just be how her skin has reacted...although if you are concerned it maybe a safeguarding issue then you are better to write it down as a concern instead.
Go with your gut feeling...
Sorry I can't be more helpful :( xx

Sarah x

Tulip
01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Is this the first nappy change u have done for her today? What I mean is was it their earlier?

k-tots
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
does it look like the mark you get when you lean on something for a long time? if unsure i would note it down and show mum and see what she says.

sing-low
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Record it, definitely. Mention it to Mum when you get her to counter-sign the form. See what Mum says, how she reacts. And think about what you've been doing today - anything LO might have sat on to cause the mark? It may just be temporary.

Tulip
01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Agree with sing-low

cbshoat
01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone! I have had another look at it and think it could be where she is sore and perhaps her nappy has been digging in a little. In my opinion I think she needs bigger nappies to be honest. I just get a little panicky as mum is VERY awkward and not a week goes by without her commenting LO has a bruise that she has clearly got whilst here!!! Thanks again

sarah707
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
It must be recorded, discussed with mum and signed off.

If you have any doubts at all that it might be a safeguarding concern you must make a referral. You cannot ever put yourself in a position where Ofsted will accuse you of sending a child back to an abusive home when you had doubts about their safety, health or wellbeing.

Hugs x