PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding/ mobile/camera policy

Sarahj2012
01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi ladies, Can you help me out with this question please ? With the safeguarding policy do you have to have the mobile phone/ camera policy included in the safeguarding policy or is it ok to have two separate policies ? Many thanks for your help in advance Sarah x

bunyip
01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi ladies, Can you help me out with this question please ? With the safeguarding policy do you have to have the mobile phone/ camera policy included in the safeguarding policy or is it ok to have two separate policies ? Many thanks for your help in advance Sarah x

Hi Sarah :waving:

Just whichever you feel good and warm about.

EYFS Statutory Framework (3.4) states:

The safeguarding policy and procedures must include an explanation of the action to be taken in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff, and cover the use of mobile phones and cameras in the setting.

so, being strictly semantic, one might argue that "include" and "cover" means it must be contained within a single safeguarding policy.

I don't think anyone is going to make a fuss if you choose to have a dedicated policy for cameras and phones though.

I include mine within the safeguarding policy, under a separate heading/subtitle (cos it's taken me 12 years to figure out how to do headings in Word and I now feel smug about it. :D )

bunyip :)
(Not a lady.)

sarah707
01-11-2013, 09:06 AM
This might help get you started :D

Sarah's Blog: Mobile phone and camera policy - childminders (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mobile-phone-and-camera-policy.html)

Simona
01-11-2013, 09:39 AM

If you look at the revised DfE Safeguarding Guidance which became effective in April 2013 it will give you a good idea what you need to do...I am sure you can do 2 policies or just the one...totally up to you as you will be the one who has to answer the inspector's questions

Most people have added another paragraph in their policy to include use of cameras and mobiles

http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/w/working%20together.pdf

Tulip
01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
I've been considering my camera/phone policy today as 'face time' and 'snap chat' has arrived here