PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for present for a newborn boy

jadavi
31-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Clothes are tricky - she probably has loads. Any ideas?

WibbleWobble
31-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I always buy clothes older than the baby. And things that are really useful like vests and pyjamas. 6 month plus . I find newborns have loads of clothes at first. Mum will appreciate it!

Wibble the practical x

chriss
31-10-2013, 08:24 PM
a little photo album for them to fill is a nice keepsake for them

lizduncan72
31-10-2013, 08:25 PM
A nice blanket? Or something practical like nappies, not very exciting but necessary for a new baby and possibly more appreciated than clothes if mum has lots, I know I really appreciated that kind of thing when mine were born

loocyloo
31-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I often get some new muslins esp if a second or more child.
Depending on how much time I have sometimes I tie dye them.

Toothfairy
31-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I make & sell these......

Bumble Beez
31-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I make & sell these......

Toothfairy...those are beautiful.
Where do you sell? Would love a link if you could pm me xx

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
31-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I always make up a little basket...nappies, muslins, a little teddy, rattle etc...
Tailor it so it's personal to the family :thumbsup:

Sarah x

Jenna
31-10-2013, 09:34 PM
When I had ds my best friend bought me a Johnson baby box they do them in asdas it was fab he's now 3 and I still use it. It came full of baby products from wipes shampoo bubble bath and such like I even bought 2 of my friends them since I just keep it in bathroom and still keep his smelliest in it now. She also made us a cottage pie by far the best presents ever as it save us trying to cook it was amazing I'll always remember it.

MessybutHappy
31-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I was going to say food! And being there at tea time so Mum gets to eat her meal knowing that baby is safe and being snuggled! Then, later, clothes or a special toy, winter coat, something that Mum has a need for!

Daisy1956
31-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Toothfairy they are lovely could you send me a link as well. Just the present for my new grandson.

Smiley
31-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Toothfairy please could you pm me too, love the twinkle twinkle little star one. I've also got a new grandson

Tulip
31-10-2013, 10:29 PM
I tend to buy an outfit the next size up :)

shortstuff
31-10-2013, 10:43 PM
When my nephew was born I had a blanket made up with all los details embroidered on it x

jackie 7
31-10-2013, 10:56 PM
I give a soft bongy ball. Tooth fairy please telle how you sell you pictures.

FloraDora
01-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Depends on financial situation of parents and how close you are.

Like another post, I make up a basket of immediately needed but disposable costly items, the first time I gave nappies I wondered if it was appropriate but I knew my friend was struggling a little financially and she was very grateful for a gift that would save her some money and that was a necessary purchase - along with a freshly made lasagne that just needed heating.

A close friend gave me a 'cleaning' and 'ironing' voucher. It was a great thought in those early days when all you can do is look after this new member of your family, yet, because of all the visitors you need your bathrooms and kitchen to be clean- also had a lovely natter whilst she cleaned.

I plan to give a home made treasure basket to a newborn soon, along with an information sheet as you can't really buy these ready made cheaply and out of the world of childcare not everyone knows how great they are for babies.

jadavi
01-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the ideas.

I thought about £20
Family not really hard up
She has loads of baby clothes from eBay

Wish I could just teach her to breast feed!
Was horrified to hear babe will be bottle fed from start.

miffy
01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
I bought a lovely lullaby projector from ELC yesterday - it was half price at £11 then a further 20% off - bargain! Can't see it on the website though so must be discontinued stock.

Miffy xx