PDA

View Full Version : door stops to stop fingers getting trapped

jane1966
16-07-2008, 05:57 PM
hi
was looking for some advice before buying !
our back door slams when the front door is opened and i need something for my piece of mind , i have looked at several different options but would like some advice before deciding which one to buy
thanks
jane

Rubybubbles
16-07-2008, 06:04 PM
my back door stop is the bin, or tower fan when not in use:laughing:

sorry no help am I

Minstrel
16-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I have some foam horse shoe shaped things that go over the top of doors. you could put one on when you have the door open for the day. also stops children shutting the doors themselves and getting their own or other LO's fingers trapped. i like these because you can put on and take off really easily, move them from door to door and they dont leave any mark whatsoever.

katickles
16-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I have some foam horse shoe shaped things that go over the top of doors. you could put one on when you have the door open for the day. also stops children shutting the doors themselves and getting their own or other LO's fingers trapped. i like these because you can put on and take off really easily, move them from door to door and they dont leave any mark whatsoever.

Yep i have something that sounds the same as this. They are in packs of two & brightly coloured. I have butterflies, elephants & flowers there really good.

I think Asda sells something very similar. There not very expensive at all but really do the trick.

:)

Pudding Girl
16-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I have some like above too, think I bought them in Tesco

Dragonfly
16-07-2008, 07:23 PM
If you get a brochure through your do called Betterware, they sell some brillant things called WEDGIE you put it over your door hing and the door cant close brill!:clapping: and there are the foam horse shoe shaped thingys.::thumbsup: :

manjay
16-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I have some of the horseshoe shaped ones or at least I used to. My mindee slammed the door in anger one day and it completely snapped in two. So if it is a door that slams with force (as it usually does if the wind does it) just make sure they are quite robust;)

avril
16-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Yep I've those horse shoe foam things, got mine in mothercare 4yrs ago still going strong and it lives permantly on the door as my oldest child had a haibt of pushing doors shut, but just plane white not posh ones like Katickles :blush:

louised
17-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I have the wedgie's from betterware they are fantastic as they also stop fingers getting trapped in the hinge side of the door. I had a mindee who this happened too as another child closed the door while her fingers were in the hinge side, it was a horrible accident and she had to go to A&E so I vowed that it would't happen again. The foam stoppers are great for stopping the door from closing but they don't protect fingers from the door hinges like wedgie's do. If you don't have betterware distributors in your area they have a mail order website

hello kitty
17-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I've got some free ones from Cow and Gate. :)

charleyfarley
17-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I have the horse shoe foam ones but might have a look at those wedgies.

Charley got her fingers shut in a door at school not long ago, slight bruising but it did knock her sick.

Carol xx

Pauline
17-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I have the wedgie's from betterware they are fantastic as they also stop fingers getting trapped in the hinge side of the door. I had a mindee who this happened too as another child closed the door while her fingers were in the hinge side, it was a horrible accident and she had to go to A&E so I vowed that it would't happen again. The foam stoppers are great for stopping the door from closing but they don't protect fingers from the door hinges like wedgie's do. If you don't have betterware distributors in your area they have a mail order website

I was looking at these the other day - do they stop the door from closing normally or can you still shut it?

At the moment we throw a towel over the door to stop it being slammed :)

Dragonfly
17-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi, Wedgies stop the door from closing .

Spangles
17-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I've got the same foam horse shoe ones, they are brilliant, I have to put them quite high up the doors though so no-one takes them off!

Minstrel
17-07-2008, 09:17 PM
If you put them on the top on the inside side of the door ( near the hinges) iyswim then no trapped fingers in the hinges and crack plus no-one can reach them to take them off inc me!!

allinatiz
17-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a big hook and eye thing that attaches to the doors outside that I can latch when the doors are open.