PDA

View Full Version : 1st time un sure?

tara
16-07-2008, 05:54 PM
A lady has emailed me asking if l have a place for her 1 year old.She has asked for monday and tuesday 1.30 till 3pm and friaday 9am till 3pm or 11am till 3pm.I would charge her the p/t rate but still thats not many hours.At present l have not got any children as ive only just started.The other problem is l drop my child of at school at 9am in the morning and pick her up at 3pm so would not be home when she needs me to be.What do l say to her ?

cloud9
16-07-2008, 06:35 PM
A lady has emailed me asking if l have a place for her 1 year old.She has asked for monday and tuesday 1.30 till 3pm and friaday 9am till 3pm or 11am till 3pm.I would charge her the p/t rate but still thats not many hours.At present l have not got any children as ive only just started.The other problem is l drop my child of at school at 9am in the morning and pick her up at 3pm so would not be home when she needs me to be.What do l say to her ?

i also have drop off's so i say to new parents that they will have to drop off earlier e.g 8.30 and collect later. say 3.30 and this would be there contracted hours so would have to pay the extra.
Also if its not alot of hours you could implement a minimum hours policy so regardless of how many hours she uses she has to pay for the set amount. I have one at 14 hours.

Annie_T
16-07-2008, 08:47 PM
see if she can collect before hand - depending what time you have leave yours to collect your child or see if she can do it after 3pm,

same as the 9am drop off hun.

if you have no children then i think this child will be a good start for you.

good luck x

miffy
16-07-2008, 08:51 PM
If you can't be there at 3pm then ask her to collect later - I would choose later rather than earlier because if she was late to pick up it might make you late for your own child.

Charging for a minimum number of hours also seems a good idea

Good luck with this - hope it works out for you

Miffy xx

tara
18-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Thankyou every one im going to put a minimum hours policy in :clapping: Thankyou for all your replys