PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice/help with pre reg visit in Scotland? Please, please take pity!

trickiedickie
31-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi there,

I have posted a lot looking for advice on application for childminding. Thank you very much for all the help I received. Eventually got that off in August. I am now getting a pre reg visit beginning of next week.

Please help me. Can anyone tell me what I will need to know, do for this visit. Thanks very much.

(I have posted this in the Scotland section and in the pre reg section about a week ago but no response so hoping I might get some replies in this section of the forum). Thanks.

JCrakers
31-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm not in Scotland so cant really help, I think things are different aren't they!? I hope someone comes along soon with some help for you :D:thumbsup:

trickiedickie
31-10-2013, 01:51 PM
thanks for replying.

Tulip
31-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I can't advise you but wish you good luck for your pre inspection x

trickiedickie
31-10-2013, 05:26 PM
She is coming out early next week and then one day the following week. Think I will be spending my weekend reading up on my policies and statements as presume she will ask me about these.

lynncjt
31-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm getting to remember my visit... can't belive is over a year ago!

My inspector was really helpful, I felt she wanted me to be a childminder, she talked through why I wanted to do it. Walked through my house and discussed my risk assessments, read my policies and avised a few changes.

If you scroll down the scottish section you should find some more posts by others where the visits are discussed. Good luck with the visit!

trickiedickie
01-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Thank you Lynn :thumbsup:

fionamadcat
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
My first visit was really just for a chat about why I wanted to be a childminder, she had a look around the house had a look at risk assessments and discussed policies ie what was needed a bit of advice on wording, but she didn't expect them to be done by then. Same as lynne she was really nice and helpful and helped through the whole process. Good luck but I'm sure you will be fine

fionamadcat
01-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Should have maybe said my first visit was 3 yrs ago now when they were still care commission so things may have changed since then. I certainly had quite a big gap between first and second visits

trickiedickie
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Fiona. Makes me feel a bit better. Think I am worried that she quizzes me on "best practice" and "government Guidance" stuff. In her previous emails she has included links to guidance that should be informing my policies/practice.

Anyhow, I am hoping that if there is anything I don't know, or haven't done on on her visit this week that I have time to correct if for her second visit the following week.

I have read some of the older threads that Lynn told me about so feel a bit more aware of what visit will be like.

Thanks for your reply and help. I will come back and let you know how it went.