PDA

View Full Version : would you assume they are coming or not?

littlebears1009
31-10-2013, 08:33 AM
I sent a child home monday as they had a chest infection and were really unwell, mum, as usual said there was nothing wrong with him and hes playing us at 9 months old, he cries all the time anyway but the infection meant he was breathless with it and struggling to cope. It was making him worse being in my setting. She made a comment about how he would have to spend all week with her and i said if hes well enough to come and join in then that isnt necessary (she is a little off because i gave notice a fortnight ago) and to let me know when hes ready to come back, however I havent been informed of whether he is coming or not. Ive tried to ask, do i just assume he isnt coming? I would normally just wait and see if his start time passes but he is sometimes upto an hour or so late. If he doesnt come soon after start time would i be in the wrong if i went out with my own lo's? I knew he wouldnt be in tues and wed this week she said that monday just today i dont know about x

vals
31-10-2013, 08:54 AM
I would give it 10 mins past start time and then go out.

AgentTink
31-10-2013, 09:31 AM
In order to prevent any bad feeling I would give them a call, and ask how the little one is, and will he be attending today. If so could they give you time as you would like to take all the children out at xx time, and could they make it for that time.

If no answer when you call i would send a text saying that you hope little one is feeling better, and that you are going to xx at xx time and if they are coming today could they arrive by that time.

I think it is always best to give some time to arrive/respond because if you have not previously told her that you would be out today and needed the little at yours for a specific time, then you need to give her chance to know your arrangements.

smurfette
31-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Hit rude of her not to let uou know!! Did he turn up?

littlebears1009
31-10-2013, 09:40 AM
No he hasnt turned up, i have sent a message last night to no avail however she said in her strop she would let me know if he would be in therefore i have just left it at the one message to show that even though she hasnt bothered to let me know, I have still bothered to try and find out. He doesnt come fridays and she is on holiday next week so I doubt very much I will see him again. Although im not overly concerned (due to the circumstances I would have given immediate notice with the way it was affecting me and my family so I only gave 4 weeks notice for her benefit), it would be nice for her to at least acknowledge my message and keep me updated. X

Tulip
31-10-2013, 09:45 AM
I think you can breathe a sigh of relief now, enjoy your day :)

Koala
31-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I think you can just put this one down to experience, she obviously won't go out of her way to be considerate to you (sour grapes) in fact she will probably be more inclined to go out of her way to be inconsiderate. It happens, Do what you have planned and don't be held to rand some, life's too short.

Have a nice time out in the fresh air. :thumbsup:

nikki thomson
31-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I never wait in for Lo's, if there not here and were going out tough I'm afraid, and if were off to the country park it's an hr away, they always know in advance if were off out for the day, if I was just going to the park/soft play I would wait around for 30mins send a text but then I'd go out. X

lizduncan72
31-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't wait around for a mindee to arrive now, had too many occasions where I was rushing to get to school on time and missing toddler groups to wait for latecomers that now I tell l parents what time we leave and if they're not here on time it's up to them to find me and drop kids off wherever I am. Not spoiling the day for the ones that are here for the ones that can't keep to time!!