PDA

View Full Version : Childminder coordinator...?????

jadavi
30-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Today at play group a smart young lady introduced herself as a Gmt funded childminder coordinator from a group called action for children. She offered free training and her remit was to get people to become childminders and also for parents to use the two year funding. She encouraged me to take an apprentice .

I was immediately wary ... After all the warnings from the forum. She knew nothing about agencies. Her contract is for 17 months .

Any thoughts?

AgentTink
30-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I know 4Children is working with the DfE on childcare hubs ...so i wonder if thats who the lady was working for?

Here is a link to 4Children 4Children To Develop (http://www.4children.org.uk/News/Detail/4CHILDREN-TO-DEVELOP-COMMUNITY-CHILDCARE-HUBS-AND-LEAD-NATIONAL-DRIVE-TO-HELP-CHILDRENS-CENTRES-REACH-OUT-TO-THE-MOST-VULNERABLE)

Are you in any of the following areas:

Community Childcare and Early Learning Hubs

4Children's 'Childcare and Early Learning Hubs' project will bring together high quality day care providers and childminders into Community Hubs to develop a financially sustainable model for a more flexible and responsive childcare offer.
The project will set up six ‘start-up hubs’ and work with three other support hubs to produce learning and evidence for setting up this flexible childcare offer.
The start-up hubs will be in:

Northumberland
Wigan
York
Cambridge
Gloucestershire
The London Borough of Merton.

jadavi
30-10-2013, 10:06 PM
No I'm not. Prefer not to say where I am as like to stay anonymous on here!
Her remit didn't seem to fit any of the initiatives I've heard to be on the cards.

KatieFS
30-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds interesting. Assuming she was trying to poach mums if looking for new childminders...
Hhmmm sneaky

jadavi
31-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Everyone looked at her like she was mad actually

bunyip
31-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Does a GMT coordinator help you put the clocks back in Autumn? :rolleyes:

manjay
31-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Action for Children (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmeduc/writev/852/m5a.htm) (formally National Children's Homes) are a charity. They are able to bid for LA contracts to support childminders in much the same way that PACEY, 4children etc are able to do. The link shows their plans put forward to Westminster and 3.4 sounds exactly like what you have experienced x

hectors house
31-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Does a GMT coordinator help you put the clocks back in Autumn? :rolleyes:

If so can she come and change my car clock please - I managed to do it for Spring but can't remember how I did it and keep panicking when I look at the clock!

bunyip
31-10-2013, 11:12 AM
If so can she come and change my car clock please - I managed to do it for Spring but can't remember how I did it and keep panicking when I look at the clock!

If you can fix the flux capacitor and get the speed up to 88mph, you'll find you jump forward an hour in time to where the clock will be correct.

Simples. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
31-10-2013, 11:14 AM
If you can fix the flux capacitor and get the speed up to 88mph, you'll find you jump forward an hour in time to where the clock will be correct.

Simples. :rolleyes:

However you may have to rely on Marty Mcfly rescuing you if it goes wrong :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
31-10-2013, 06:34 PM
However you may have to rely on Marty Mcfly rescuing you if it goes wrong :thumbsup:

On a hover board....