PDA

View Full Version : Partner as assistant

munch149
29-10-2013, 10:37 AM
My oh already has a crb obviously if I register him as my assistant would I have to pay for another?

skyblue
29-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I would also like to know the answer to this as thinking if registering my mum as an assistant and she has a CRB for here too.

AdeleMarie88
29-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes ofsted would insist on this x

loocyloo
29-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I 'think' that if your partners/mums etc CRB was issued by Ofsted in the first place, in relation to your childminding business, then they should be fine to register as your assistant without needing a new DBS ( CRB ) but check with Ofsted first!

my mum has 3 CRBs ( !!! ) 2 with Ofsted ( ! ), one was done when I started childminding as she used to often pop over as my own children were little. when I asked her to be my back up assistant, I am sure she didn't need a new crb, because she already had one linked to my registration number.

AdeleMarie88
29-10-2013, 01:28 PM
By all means call, but from what I have heard from friends, they had to get a new CRB when registering as An assistant, because it was looking at taking a role in the business, so the CRB had to reflect this...I know it's a pain, but it's so important to cover yourselves! X

munch149
29-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks I only wanted it for the odd occasion he's here so not sure it will be worth it If got to pay for stuff to do so

Bluebell
29-10-2013, 03:04 PM
when i registered my hubby as an assistant he didn't need to have another CRB but they are DBS now and the system has changed so I think its at the discretion of Ofsted and how long ago it was etc etc. Definitely worth asking though