PDA

View Full Version : new at accounting etc

ja-lula-belli
29-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Hi I hope I'm going to explain this correctly !
I'm just about to log in my accounts book it's a Pacey account book.
Do I minus the miles and food etc per week or month or work it out per year?
Eg
In 130
Out 45p per mile (work it out)
1.60 meal etc
Total at end (so and so)

Is t s the right way to do it?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Bumble Beez
29-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Ja-lula-belli...OK, so I'm understanding that £130 in is your income and the outgoings are the others...

If you are working out your weekly figures then deduct your fuel, food and other outgoings weekly then you can total them up at the end of that particular month. makes working out the end of year figures a bit easier.

I would recommend doing accounts weekly as they can become quite tedious if you leave them for more than a month at a time...talking from experience :o

But it sounds right the way you have written it :thumbsup:

hectors house
29-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Is the PACEY accounts book laid out for weekly or monthly expenses? - I used to use one when they were NCMA and I used to calculate everything weekly eg: food, mileage, toys, equipment apart from gas/electric and council tax which I worked out for the year and then divided by 12 and put in monthly.

ja-lula-belli
29-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Is the PACEY accounts book laid out for weekly or monthly expenses? - I used to use one when they were NCMA and I used to calculate everything weekly eg: food, mileage, toys, equipment apart from gas/electric and council tax which I worked out for the year and then divided by 12 and put in monthly.

They have both weekly and Monthly in one book.

ja-lula-belli
29-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your replys. I wanted to check before I started to write it in my book.

Also if the first entry is my out start you costs does that mean my accounts will show up as minus until I have covered costs?

Bumble Beez
29-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your replys. I wanted to check before I started to write it in my book.

Also if the first entry is my out start you costs does that mean my accounts will show up as minus until I have covered costs?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Yes...the beginning of your accounts will more than likely be negative :)

ja-lula-belli
29-10-2013, 07:26 PM
That's great Thanks. For this x x