PDA

View Full Version : Crying babies advice needed to help to settle them

Hello you
29-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Hi all, thanks for attention!

I hava been childminding 2 girls, 2months and 3 months. That of 2 months has colics
and she wants stay in my arms all the time to reliving her cramps, but that of 3 months
wants my arms as well, HELP what could I do if I have 2 little babies crying at he same time?

Thank you very much, everyone! :panic:

jax clinch
29-10-2013, 06:53 AM
How come you have got 2 babies under 1? Are any if them siblings to other children you have ? I didn't think we were able to have 2 babies under 1.....

Becci26
29-10-2013, 06:56 AM
How come you have got 2 babies under 1? Are any if them siblings to other children you have ? I didn't think we were able to have 2 babies under 1.....

This!

I'm not sure if be calling them naughty either, they are very young babies who's instinct is to cry to have their needs fulfilled.

Mummits
29-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Hello You is a Nanny.

I don't know the answer to your question, but you could try the Twins and Multiple Births Association (TAMBA) website for tips if nobody here has any suggestions - but I expect they will :)

MessybutHappy
29-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Pop one into a sling on your back? Like a Mai tai, then front carry the other? And work on the older one being more independent over time?

Hello you
29-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi there,

I was kidding to calling them naughty, off course, it was just to kicking your attention, they are very babies!
Thank you!

This!

I'm not sure if be calling them naughty either, they are very young babies who's instinct is to cry to have their needs fulfilled.

loocyloo
29-10-2013, 09:32 AM
hello!

I wrote a reply and then forgot to press send!

I would just make a snuggly place ... on the floor, on the sofa and have the remote control/radio/book/magazine/drink/snack etc close by and settle down and have lots of snuggles with both babes together. get them used to being together, and that you can't hold one individually all the time. ( also, make you lunch and have it in the fridge ready to go! ) you could be doing this for a few weeks, as they get older it WILL get better.

wrap them up warm, pop them in the buggy and go out for a walk in the fresh air. even if its raining, they will stay snug under a rain cover, and you will feel the benefit too!

does the little one with colic have any medication? infacol I think it is? that can help. or sometimes a different milk can help! ( I laughed at the idea of a milk for babes with 'delicate tummies' ... but then my Ds (now 11yrs!) had to have it ... and it made a world of difference )

little babes can be hard work, as can twins, and this must a bit harder as they are not twins, and therefore not already used to sharing their adult. plus, with parents they get 'both' arms, and no other baby, where as with you - its only one arm AND another baby!

I don't particularly like dummys, but they might help to soothe the babes. I know sucking helped my friends babe with colic.

the other suggestion, if babes are crying alot and seem unsettled, is to suggest the parents take them to see a cranial osteopath. they can work wonders with a 'grumpy' baby.

good luck

xx

Hello you
29-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Lovely!
Thank you very moche for your time and advice!
Have an amazing day!

hello!

I wrote a reply and then forgot to press send!

I would just make a snuggly place ... on the floor, on the sofa and have the remote control/radio/book/magazine/drink/snack etc close by and settle down and have lots of snuggles with both babes together. get them used to being together, and that you can't hold one individually all the time. ( also, make you lunch and have it in the fridge ready to go! ) you could be doing this for a few weeks, as they get older it WILL get better.

wrap them up warm, pop them in the buggy and go out for a walk in the fresh air. even if its raining, they will stay snug under a rain cover, and you will feel the benefit too!

does the little one with colic have any medication? infacol I think it is? that can help. or sometimes a different milk can help! ( I laughed at the idea of a milk for babes with 'delicate tummies' ... but then my Ds (now 11yrs!) had to have it ... and it made a world of difference )

little babes can be hard work, as can twins, and this must a bit harder as they are not twins, and therefore not already used to sharing their adult. plus, with parents they get 'both' arms, and no other baby, where as with you - its only one arm AND another baby!

I don't particularly like dummys, but they might help to soothe the babes. I know sucking helped my friends babe with colic.

the other suggestion, if babes are crying alot and seem unsettled, is to suggest the parents take them to see a cranial osteopath. they can work wonders with a 'grumpy' baby.

good luck

xx

FussyElmo
29-10-2013, 09:47 AM
At the request of hello you I have changed the title of thread :D It didn't convey the help she needed.

My advice I agree with Loocyloo. Treat they are very young to have been sent to you. They just need your affection and love at the minute.