PDA

View Full Version : Filling your vacancies

Helpinghands
16-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi,

I registered 3 weeks ago and am having the hardest time filling my vacancies.

I have been to local shops, doctors, childcare centres etc and advertised online and have had only 2 enquiries.

Has anyone got an ideas that I might not have considered?

Jo :(

avril
16-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Are you registed with your local children's informaton service? Other than it's word of mouth, local papers, advert in your home window maybe. Goodluck :thumbsup:

katickles
16-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Somebody posted a huge & i mean huge list of internet advertising just today. Take a look through todays posts i'm sure you'll find it.

Good luck :)

venus89
16-07-2008, 03:34 PM
And go to toddler groups - if you don't have a little one of your own borrow somebody elses

sarah707
16-07-2008, 03:58 PM
A few ideas on this thread...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

Good luck! :D

Helpinghands
16-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll have a browse through :) x

brillminder
16-07-2008, 05:17 PM
you could hang arround school on the fist few weeks of september as lots of new children do all the half days and often not sorted for care, go and speak to the school and leave details, carry one of my bags :) get a magnetic sticker for your car, ( vistaprint ) etc good luck i need to fill spaces too :)

Rubybubbles
16-07-2008, 06:36 PM
you could hang arround school on the fist few weeks of september as lots of new children do all the half days and often not sorted for care, go and speak to the school and leave details, carry one of my bags :) get a magnetic sticker for your car, ( vistaprint ) etc good luck i need to fill spaces too :)

:laughing: :thumbsup: nice one hun!!

cloud9
16-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Most of all dont worry it takes time to establish a business it may just be a quiet period in your area and in a few weeks you will be inundated with offers!

angeldelight
16-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Good advice from everyone

Try to be patient 3 weeks is not long although it may see that to you

Lots of children starting school in Sept and moms go back to work so fingers crossed you will get some calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

Helpinghands
16-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks everybody!

All your advice is very helpfull. Going from a decent wage to self employed is just a bit daunting and frustrating as work is quiet at the mo.

Fingers crossed xx