PDA

View Full Version : Help!

line6
28-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm a new childminder registered in May but only started work in September. I have 3 children of my own (nearly 9, 7 and 3) and two mindees, siblings aged 4 and 2 1/2. I've had them termtime so far and this is my first day with all 5 of them all day. It's hell! My youngest is being awful. The older mindee and my son are bickering and the younger mindee has been woken up early from his nap and has already been winding up my youngest by wanting every single toy she has. They've done a few activities but none lasts longer than a few minutes and they are not really interested in doing anything. Please please tell me this will get better! Usually have them after school all together but only for a couple of hours. Maybe we're all tired after last nights storm but I am not enjoying this at all. :(

Koala
28-10-2013, 02:19 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know it's not funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

IT WILL GET BETTER, some days can be just too much and you have a mixture of children at the moment that can challenge the most experienced of minders, look on the bright side at least it's not the 6 weeks holidays!! :panic: :panic:

You'll be back to normal next week, hopefully, just bear that in mind and it might help you ride the rough stuff this week. GOOD LUCK.

Waveawand
28-10-2013, 02:20 PM
hiya Trudy,
sounds like the fun I had last week when the kids were off ! presuming its your half term ? I found if I took them out to a soft play or park/library anywhere other than home they were okay. Change of scene etc. its always difficult when its a new routine, your kids want you to themselves. But I found behaviour was better if my lot new they were going out somewhere. Failing that, stick on a dvd or let them play on devices with a quiet word to your eldest to bring them on board with you ( reward later ?) its worth a try. it will get better its just cos its all new and toddlers with big kids is hard.
good luck.

line6
28-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks ladies. My eldest is being great bless her and I have made arrangements for the rest if the week so they are not together all day every day. Today we would have gone out this morning but the weather was still awful then the little one was asleep so we couldn't go anywhere. Mine are being picked up soon (thank god for my mum!) they've actually quietened down. It's mine that are being difficult. My littlest has been wanting the mindees round all weekend and she's been a nightmare since they arrived. Deep breath!!

Koala
28-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks ladies. My eldest is being great bless her and I have made arrangements for the rest if the week so they are not together all day every day. Today we would have gone out this morning but the weather was still awful then the little one was asleep so we couldn't go anywhere. Mine are being picked up soon (thank god for my mum!) they've actually quietened down. It's mine that are being difficult. My littlest has been wanting the mindees round all weekend and she's been a nightmare since they arrived. Deep breath!!

AAHHHH it's a good job ya love 'em!! that's what I keep telling myself :thumbsup:

line6
28-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Lol! I do love them. Mine and the mindees. I'm not sure about all at the same time tho!

Koala
28-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Lol! I do love them. Mine and the mindees. I'm not sure about all at the same time tho!

No - it is a lot to deal with and you are doing well sorting them all out, I take my hat off to you, I have had my kids around when minding (it's really hard and then there's the guilt on top of that) but they are 12 and 15 now and stay locked in their stinking bedrooms at half term. I remember the day's of trying to sort them all out and I have grey hairs to prove it, I just have pre schoolers now - easy peasy :clapping: