PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to adventure playground planned for tomorrow?

clairer
28-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi All

Had a half term trip to an adventure playground planned tomorrow. I am in North Kent. Wondering if it may be a little too wet and tree laden after the high winds last night. Any ideas for alternatives other than a play barn? I only have £6 per child to spend. Anyone think of a museum which will really interest the kids and where they may be able to run around? Will have children age 2, age 4, age 5, age 7 and age 9! Preferably NOT central London. It's really hard to find things to do where children can run off steam but it doesn't cost a small fortune!

Mrs Scrubbit
28-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi can't offer any help I'm afraid but can say that the storm is quick to pass away, I'm near Southampton and its a little breezey but not that bad now even the sun is peeking out now and again , perhaps you could all go on a search at the local park for intersting 'bits and bobs' that the wind has blown down to collect and take home to add to some small world items ( twigs,bark leaves etc.).How about getting the children to make some kites / streamers out of bin bags that they can race about with, have a good time at where ever you decide to go ,xx

Mrs Scrubbit
28-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Just noted your post was for ideas for tomorrow-might be still ok if there is still a bit of wind x

dominiquegait
28-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Have you looked at the Horniman Museum it's in South London so you could get to
It from north Kent.

It's free to enter you only pay for the aquarium. The gardens are lovely.

http://www.horniman.ac.uk