PDA

View Full Version : independent handwash idea for those with no downstairs loo....

Bluebell
27-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Don't know if you all have a toilet downstairs or accessible sink for children to be independent for handwashing but I have introduced something that works really well. I have bought a drinks dispenser from Morrisons for £10. You are supposed to fill it up with punch I guess but I fill it with warm water and then the children can use the tap to wash their hands. I sit it inside a low level small water play table. the water table has a rubber plug in the bottom of the play table so it makes it a lot easier to drain it.

this is one of the best things I have done to encourage independent hand-washing so thought I would share. Before I would have to lift children to the kitchen sink or get them a chair to stand on and not that hygienic for my kitchen.
think I have mentioned this before on another thread but it is working so well that I thought I would share again!

Simona
27-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Don't know if you all have a toilet downstairs or accessible sink for children to be independent for handwashing but I have introduced something that works really well. I have bought a drinks dispenser from Morrisons for £10. You are supposed to fill it up with punch I guess but I fill it with warm water and then the children can use the tap to wash their hands. I sit it inside a low level small water play table. the water table has a rubber plug in the bottom of the play table so it makes it a lot easier to drain it.

this is one of the best things I have done to encourage independent hand-washing so thought I would share. Before I would have to lift children to the kitchen sink or get them a chair to stand on and not that hygienic for my kitchen.
think I have mentioned this before on another thread but it is working so well that I thought I would share again!

Bluebell...you are indeed very resourceful...another good idea to get around the hygiene requirement!

Tina O
27-10-2013, 05:16 PM
very clever x

tas
27-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Great idea :)

Bluebell
27-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't know about recourceful. I discussed with environmental health when they registered me as a food business that a bowl of warm water would be a better option than my kitchen sink - and then it got tipped over during my ofsted visit so I abandoned it after that!!

lizduncan72
27-10-2013, 07:19 PM
What a brilliant idea!!! Love it :)

KatieFS
27-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Ohhh ill have to look for those - nice!