PDA

View Full Version : Advice please...

Smileyface
27-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I Look after a young boy Mondays and Tuesdays
Regarding Christmas Day falls on Wednesday 25th Am I ok still be open for business on the mon - tues? And still charge? Whether parents choose to bring is up to them? Can can book it as holiday?

Kiddleywinks
27-10-2013, 10:37 AM
If you are prepared to work 23rd and 24th, then you can charge, if you'd rather not work, then you can't really charge - unless you already charge for your holidays

tas
27-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Yes its up to you to decide when you are open, many people work on Christmas eve :)

The Juggler
27-10-2013, 10:48 AM
yes, if you are open and they are normal working days - I would charge. :thumbsup:

Bluebell
27-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I stayed open one year and couldn't believe that one family decided to send their youngest child even though they were all at home celebrating christmas eve. we just had a family day and decorated the tree and she joined in though so it wasn't too bad. If they are paying the money and the child enjoys coming then why would you not send your child? In other circumstances it might be an ideal opportunity to buy/wrap their last minute pressies!!
The next year I thought I won't fall into that trap again and took 2 weeks off - christmas week and new year week - and was completely and utterly broke by the end of 2 weeks with mo pay and of course all the expense for my family and the mindees christmas pressies!!
So this year I am closed from christmas day to new years day and then back open on the 2nd.
If you're open and working charge - like you say its up to them to send children in. If you have in your contract that you charge for holidays then you can close and still charge!

samb
27-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I am open 23rd and 24th- they are not bank holidays. I take 4 weeks annual leave but normally as I often take time off around bank holidays it works out less than 4 weeks normal working days so this year I decided to completely take 4 weeks plus bank holidays so am off Xmas day and reopen on 6th- still taking 4 weeks but as lots of bank holidays included its extra time off

Tazmin68
27-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I finish on 23 Dec and back 2 Jan. I had enough of mindees breaking my own boys christmas presents. They like to invite friends that are mindees to play and in the past I have had scalextrix broken and one very upset boy.

lizduncan72
27-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm getting the full two weeks this year, got one family with a teacher mum who's off and one where mum is at college so off two weeks as well :)

dawn100
27-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Last year I worked up to Christmas Eve but this year I'm off from 23rd, if you're happy to have them then yes you are entitled to charge but if you want to book it off that's up to you.

karen m
27-10-2013, 05:27 PM
I work up to 5 on Christmas Eve as the parent finishes at 4.30 but I also have a few TTO so not a full house

Roseolivia
27-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm off when school breaks up until they go back. It's the only time that I get proper time at home with my 2 to visit our family and friends as all the other holidays we take we usually go away either skiing or in the caravan.

FussyElmo
27-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Finish on the 20th going back on the 6th.

Nothing will make me want to work :thumbsup:

blue bear
27-10-2013, 06:26 PM
I often work all but the bank holidays but am having the full two weeks off this year.