PDA

View Full Version : Guess what???!!!

SonnysMummy
16-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I am now part of the gang...I am a regisetered childminder!!!:happy banana:

Received my certificate this morning Feels really strange. I thought i'd be much happier after all of that time and effort but as i still haven't had any enquiries after advertising for 3 months it seems pointless as i can't even start!!! CIS can't put me on the website for another few weeks!!!

Also as i have moaned about before...money is so tight and i'm under real pressure to start earning money. I went to that interview for the office and turned it down as it was really awful...full of sleazy looking men and the work they wanted me to do was extremely boring!!! I just can't find anything to do until i get some mindees lined up. Can't take a permenant job as then i'd be stringing them along and would have to give a months notice which wouldn't be good if then a parent came along wanting me a couple of weeks later!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm starting to think about leaving the childminding for now and applying for a nanny job.At least i'd be guarenteed some work...NOW!!! I need to be working in the next few weeks...we've been using our savings to get by while all this registering as a childminder has been going on and now they are pretty much gone!!! I don't know what to do really. I hate to be so pessimistic and depressive when i should be happy after that long wait to be registered. I'm just so disappointed...if i have to give it up before i even start after everything i have put into it!!!

LittleAcorns
16-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Yay welcome aboard and Keep smiling, this is the worst bit finding that first mindee.....just keep on promoting promoting, word of mouth, make sure people now know you are fully registered xx

LittleAcorns
16-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Just spotted this link, it directs you to loads of websites to advertise on...thanks to Straws

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3554

katickles
16-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah - congrats on the certificate - welcome to the gang:laughing:

You will get some enquiries - possibly more once your adverstised on CIS so dont give up.

As above theres tonns of advertising sites so you can get busy on those & just like the others have said go wit the advertising.

Do you go to toddler groups? If not get your self along, a fab way of meeting mums & minders.

Also join a childminders group in your area. Another great way to get to know other minders & great for getting referals to calls they can not do.

Good luck x

Mollymop
16-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Well done I becoming a childminder, you really need to give it a bit of time, if you can, I know it must be hard but I bet you'll start filling up before you know it. Just hang on in there for a little while longer

Is there any childminders near you that you know and can pass on your number so that if they get any enquiries that they can't help with, they can give the parents your number. Is there any childminding groups that you can attend in your town, that is a good way of meeting other childminders.
Have you got a childminding buddy who can help you or a development officer?

Good luck

caza
16-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Congratulations on becoming registered:clapping:

Fingers crossed that the work start coming in very soon for you :thumbsup:

foxy lady
16-07-2008, 01:52 PM
firstly congratulations on you registration :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
secondly get out there make it nown you are registered and have spaces and i hope you get some mindees soon:)

sarah707
16-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

Hope it all comes together for you xx

Splish Splosh
16-07-2008, 04:05 PM
congratulations.:clapping: :clapping:

hope work comes in quickly for you.:)

emler
16-07-2008, 04:14 PM
:clapping: Congratulations on becoming registered :clapping: Fingers crossed your phone starts ringing soon!

miss muffit
16-07-2008, 04:30 PM
congratulations :clapping:

fingers crossed you will soon have some little darlings to look after :D

emma04
16-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Just tell everyone you meet that you're a childminder and tell your friends, family, postman, paperboy etc.!!!! Put up posters at toddler groups, preschools, swimming pools, shops, schools....wherever they let you!!

I was in a very similar situation to you, although i was in work and only handed in my notice when i had a contract signed for a 3 full day child, but after that a couple more people heard of me and i'm now full (took about 5 months of advertising and word of mouth though!)

I also set up a website for £20 and an email address for free.....Make your service look as professional as possible to draw attention!:D :D

Try to hang in there and get a job stacking shelves in the evenings to tide you over, as this won't interfere with you being at home in the day to leaflet drop, pin up posters and shout from the roof tops!! (last one a bit far fetched!!):laughing:

Good Luck!!:thumbsup: