PDA

View Full Version : Just seen.

jackie 7
25-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Lo 14 mts has just gone home. As I looked out ghe window mum was going home with lo on her back reading his diary. So nice to see it being read. Sometimes I do wonder if parents ever both to read them.

amylouise867
25-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Lo 14 mts has just gone home. As I looked out ghe window mum was going home with lo on her back reading his diary. So nice to see it being read. Sometimes I do wonder if parents ever both to read them.

That is lovely to see and hear a parent really caring and taking note of what her little one had been doing x

These years are so precious and I don't think some parents realise just how special they are till in the blink of an eye they are big & grown up and it's too late.

One of the big ones for me is parents not letting their hair down and allowing children to be children - that mess they made in the garden is not actually a mess - they've made you a delicious chocolate cake - treasure and promote their imagination not tell them off because it's giving you more cleaning up time grrr

Lovely to hear anyway - thanks for sharing :) xxx

kel1983
25-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Ahh thats nice. We know one of ours reads theirs as she makes sure its in his bag before leaving ours and says she loves reading it.

eddie
25-10-2013, 04:44 PM
That's lovely. I can't understand why parents don't want to know about every second of their child's life - I did! When I used a childminder I loved reading what my babies had done and sharing the photos with them so we could talk about their day.

littlemiss60561
25-10-2013, 04:54 PM
That's nice, I especially get frustrated when you've bent over backwards while hopping on one leg to fit the time in to write them and if asked "wasnt it good that x has achieved y " and they reply oh I havnt read it yet sorry ( week later..) most of my parents are good . None reply though...:mad:
Although I appreciate my ds's independant social life at nursery, I do wish I'd get half of what I put into mine! After he replies the traditional " nothing" to the what did you do today Q!

miffy
25-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Aaaawwww that's lovely - makes it worthwhile doing.

Miffy xx

clairer
25-10-2013, 08:11 PM
It's really lovely when parents appreciate your efforts :D. I had a parent text me the other night to tell me how much she enjoyed the newsletter I had popped through her door. Little thanks like that mean a lot!

greanan
25-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I love knowing that at least one of my diaries are being looked at. Little things like that mean a lot aswell as a simple thank you or please !!