PDA

View Full Version : EduCare/Childcare.co.uk free courses

Daisy De
25-10-2013, 03:39 PM
As a Childcare.co.uk gold member, I have signed up for the six free courses offered by EduCare. Thank you Richard for this :thumbsup:

Went to start one this morning and after pressing start, I get a 'please wait' message and although I waited patiently :) nothing else happened.

I have emailed EduCare rather than Richard as I assume its a problem their end but just wondered if anyone else had this problem or just me?

I had my concentration head on and everything :D

jackie 7
25-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Let md know how you get on as I want to do them as well.

k1rstie
25-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I have done the safeguarding one this week. Didn't take too long, and was very simple.

Recommend.

Ps . Not sure how you managed it Richard, but thanks

clareelizabeth1
25-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Yep want to send my thanks too Richard.

manjay
25-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I did the Food Hygiene one last week but I didn't have any problems. Hopefully they will come back to you with an answer soon.

Highly recommended from me too:thumbsup:

blue bear
25-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Did all six last Saturday went through fine, no idea why you got that message.

Thank you Richard :thumbsup:

lizduncan72
25-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm planning on doing them over the weekend :)

Richard
27-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Did you get it working okay Daisy De?

Over 3000 childminders have done the free courses so far and no one else has reported a similar issue.

Which type of web browser are you using?

For more details on the 6 free courses worth over £150 go to Free Online Training for Childcare Providers & Parents - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/training)

The 6 free courses include: NSPCC Childcare Protection Awareness, First Aid Essentials, Basic Food Hygiene, Introduction to Equality & Diversity, Personal Safety and Introduction to Data Protection.

Vickster
27-10-2013, 12:47 PM
They are great. I have done the safeguarding one.

karen m
27-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I have signed up to do the courses but not started yet as I wanted to catch up on my level 4 , is there a time limit on them , anyone know

Richard
27-10-2013, 03:51 PM
You can do the courses at anytime during your gold membership.

karen m
27-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you Richard , you are a star

clairer
27-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm saving up for gold membership! Why does childcare.co.uk switch between free to contact others and then extremely not free the next? Confusing!

FussyElmo
27-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm saving up for gold membership! Why does childcare.co.uk switch between free to contact others and then extremely not free the next? Confusing!

Unless Im mistaken you have always had to pay to contact.

You can message someone back if they are a gold members and contacted you :thumbsup:

Rick
27-10-2013, 08:07 PM

Only those with gold membership can initiate a conversation (parent or caregiver). A free member is allowed to reply once to each message received from a gold member.

Richard
27-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Nothing has changed. Free members can read and reply to each message sent to them.

Only gold members can initiate contact with other members.

Gold members also get other benefits such as free online Creative Steps Magazine, free legal advice and free online training. Plus childminder gold members get access to over 100 free information guides.

Daisy De
28-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Did you get it working okay Daisy De?

Over 3000 childminders have done the free courses so far and no one else has reported a similar issue.

Which type of web browser are you using?

For more details on the 6 free courses worth over £150 go to Free Online Training for Childcare Providers & Parents - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/training)

The 6 free courses include: NSPCC Childcare Protection Awareness, First Aid Essentials, Basic Food Hygiene, Introduction to Equality & Diversity, Personal Safety and Introduction to Data Protection.

Hi Richard

Its still the same, I can log in, I can see the courses but when I click Start Programme, it just says please wait but nothing else happens. Have tried starting several different courses as I was going to do them all but no luck.

I have sent an email to EduCare but no answer as yet.

Using Internet Explorer.

Trust it to just be me that has a problem :blush:

Daisy De
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Sorted, my laptop won't load courses but my desktop will, weird!

Sarah at EduCare was very helpful :)