PDA

View Full Version : Planning for now

lorettacritchet
24-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I am still after all these years trying to set up planning sheets for the usual every year celebrations amongst my other every day stuff. Can I ask I find there's so much to do with autumn, spring etc. Do you, who do planning, think I should squash things like halloween and guy fawkes under a big subject like autumn or do a separate one?

Any advice would be appreciated.thanks

mrs robbie williams
25-10-2013, 05:34 AM
ive started to write mine up retrospectively - so yesterday was most mindees last day due to half term so i thought about what we had done over autumn and printed a sheet with childs initials on that took part so:

collect leaves and autumn bits (twigs etc)
sticking activity - glue leaves etc onto coloured paper
make halloween party hats
dress up for halloween party at surestart
make magic potions - water table and pots of food colouring watered down
make halloween pictures with black card and chalk
halloween sticking activity - with pre cut out halloween shapes
make and decorate halloween cupcakes

got lots of photos to print and some obs to do then will move onto winter/xmas

xx

sarah707
25-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Hi,

I am still after all these years trying to set up planning sheets for the usual every year celebrations amongst my other every day stuff. Can I ask I find there's so much to do with autumn, spring etc. Do you, who do planning, think I should squash things like halloween and guy fawkes under a big subject like autumn or do a separate one?

Any advice would be appreciated.thanks

You might find it helpful to read through this information :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/observation-planning/125192-planning-advice.html

bunyip
25-10-2013, 08:08 AM
1. Stuff planning.

2. Go play.

3. Plan retrospectively.

The benefit of this approach is that, somehow, you will always achieve your planned goals: 100% success guaranteed. :D

lorettacritchet
25-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Stuff planning? I assume you mean work out a task on the day?

1. Stuff planning.

2. Go play.

3. Plan retrospectively.

The benefit of this approach is that, somehow, you will always achieve your planned goals: 100% success guaranteed. :D

lorettacritchet
25-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks Sarah. I have printed off every planning guidance etc online here and childcare. I don't think my brain is taking it in ! I have no natural talent to do this planning and come up with great ideas!

You might find it helpful to read through this information :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/observation-planning/125192-planning-advice.html

bunyip
25-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Stuff planning? I assume you mean work out a task on the day?

:D Putting the professional spin on just having a fun time.

Put simply, if the ECM premise that "every child is a competent learner" is true, then children cannot do anything but learn so long as you keep then interested. :thumbsup:

jackie 7
25-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I do love planning what I did today. It is so much easier. As you say bunnyip stuff planning. Never world for me. I did plan but it was sunny so we went out!