PDA

View Full Version : pre existing injury. can nan sign. split head

leeanne910
24-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I have put another post in regards to child who while at home split head open. Has sticky strips on. Been off for 2 days as he hasnt been himself. Mom has said even after me sayin tomorrow is hallpween party so be loud and lots of physical activities so if he is unwell would be unfair on him she had said my mom will bring him at 10am instead of usual time for a few hours. But any problems nan can collect him...that worried me a bit thinkin hes unwell.

Pre existing injury form. Can nan do this on childs arrival or does mom actualy need to. Want to cover myself especialy if his heads split open

Glitter
24-10-2013, 07:39 PM
I have a mindee who is collected by Grandma. I have asked Grandma to sign accident forms before as mindee only comes once a week and it seems silly to wait a week to get Mum to sign it.

I just wrote on the bottom of the form 'Signed by Grandma. Mum informed about injury by phone at (add the time and date).'
Ofsted looked at this and were happy with it.

bunyip
24-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I had a similar situation to Glitter, where I rarely saw the parents. I picked up from preschool and grandma collected from me. It spurred me to get a written arrangement with the parents (little girl was asthmatic) and put a line in my policies to say anyone given permission to collect must be competent to sign any such forms and their signature would be accepted by parents. Ofsted inspector was happy I'd covered it that way. :thumbsup:

leeanne910
24-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I had a similar situation to Glitter, where I rarely saw the parents. I picked up from preschool and grandma collected from me. It spurred me to get a written arrangement with the parents (little girl was asthmatic) and put a line in my policies to say anyone given permission to collect must be competent to sign any such forms and their signature would be accepted by parents. Ofsted inspector was happy I'd covered it that way. :thumbsup:

Might ask mum.for a note thats an ace idea :)

FloraDora
24-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Mum could sign via email?

bunyip
25-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Interestingly, I can't find any Ofsted document that requires us to have these notifications signed by parents or anyone else. I did a search through EYFS Statutory Framework and the Childcare Register guidelines: nothing. Neither is it contained within their guidance document 120412 (January 2013) Records, policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register - a childcare factsheet. They state that we need to keep such records, but do not dictate that parents have to sign them.

Obviously, it's strongly advisable to get these things signed, and probably a cause for concern if they refuse. Especially things like existing injuries. But it's not as if we can refuse to release the child until they sign.

Btw, don't assume that a parent signing an accident/incident slip means that they necessarily agree with what you've written. A signature in this case is generally understood to indicate that the signatory acknowledges the existence of the report, not necessarily its content.