PDA

View Full Version : Kicking leaves

Natalierose
24-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Well I've only 1 mindee today a 13 month old boy, the sun is shining so we've been to the park and we spent so much time kicking leaves the joy it brought to him, he was laughing hysterically to the point where a man playing Bowles even came over to see what was going on. The simple things always amuse the most.

jackie 7
24-10-2013, 04:33 PM
My 13 month hates walking outside. If dry tomorow I will try it.

smurfette
24-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Sounds idyllic! Love stuff like that!

Glitter
24-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Love kicking leaves, and making big piles to jump into. Think we will go to the park this weekend to play in some. Thanks for the idea.:)

Ali56
24-10-2013, 05:50 PM
So much fun! I love dry leaves and lovely autumn days. Living in a village means even the school run involves kicking leaves, scrunching them and jumping! Mindees are all 2 and love it :0)

caz3007
24-10-2013, 06:17 PM
We arrived at nursery today and due to winds the other day there is a nice pile of leaves by the entrance. My LO who doesn't attend the nursery spent ages kicking the leaves. I love leaf kicking

SYLVIA
24-10-2013, 06:33 PM
We did this too, just one mindee and me. Great fun. We brought some home and a bit of branch and made a tree with leaves hung on it at different lengths as if they were falling. He was so proud of his tree he gave me a big hug! Luckily mum liked it too

Natalierose
25-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Also after tea we went on to the school pitch opposite my house and spent a further 50 mins doing this. This time he had a long stick the he bashed the leaves with, mum came and loved to see him being a little explorer.

SYLVIA
25-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Also after tea we went on to the school pitch opposite my house and spent a further 50 mins doing this. This time he had a long stick the he bashed the leaves with, mum came and loved to see him being a little explorer.

That sounds lovely. It's nice when they don't have time limits on things like this. I'm hoping for some days in the fresh air next week to do things like this

bunyip
25-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Why is it that the biggest pile of leaves is always on top of the biggest dog poo? :p

:rolleyes:

eddie
25-10-2013, 08:12 AM
This is great - my mindees love doing this as well. Simple fun costs nothing and so many learning opportunities.

LauraS
25-10-2013, 10:54 AM
We spent ages last week collecting a big pile of beautiful shiny conkers, or conkins as they were called by the LOs, under a huge tree near us. Their faces were a picture every time that we opened the spiky green case and they found a glossy brown conker inside, like treasure. They keep wanting to go back and collect more. The imple things, eh?

Natalierose
25-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Autumn is my favourite Season by far.

cathtee
25-10-2013, 03:15 PM
this is my plan for monday, we're collecting leaves and twigs and then doing different crafts with them over the week as we are on
school hols next week:thumbsup:

funemnx
25-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Love the Autumn and kicking leaves - we did it last week and the lo's got tired before I did! Is this why we're CM - big kids who love to play? Better than all those boring grown ups! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

greanan
25-10-2013, 08:32 PM
It's been pouring all week here so the leaves are all soggy :-(

Natalierose
26-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Love the Autumn and kicking leaves - we did it last week and the lo's got tired before I did! Is this why we're CM - big kids who love to play? Better than all those boring grown ups! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I must admit I was having a brilliant time and even worked up a bit of a sweat running and jumping around lol