PDA

View Full Version : Think I finally get it!!!!!

Lu 2010
24-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I've been minding for 3 years and I think I may have finally...FINALLY!! got my head round the paperwork and communication. I really hope I'm not going to find out its all wrong :( but this is what I do

Long term planning - An evaluation of what the child can do, the developmental stage they're at and goals in each area of learning. This I show to parents and have a space on it for their comments and signature. Not sure how often I'll do these yet, think it'll depend on the child.

Weekly planning - A sheet for each child with their goals in each area at the top and the weeks planning in each area. These aren't set in stone just a starting point.

Learning journals - I put observations and next steps, photo's and artwork in this. I have a page where I add comments from parents and key person etc.

On my welcome board I have a notice that says who's coming, menu for the day and planned outings.

I have a photo viewer with pics of all the children being busy.

Each child has a daily dairy with information about food, mood, nappies, activities etc.

I'm having trouble gaining good communication with nursery key people but going to work on it.

Wow, now I've written it down it sounds like loads but its not really.

Sooooo what do you think?????????????

MrsP2C
24-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Sounds brilliant although I'd save yourself the daily chore of writing your board & just include weekly plans - list of attendees could be a possible confidentiality breach & if they all have daily diaries no need to duplicate with a menu.

loocyloo
24-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Sounds really good. Well done.
On my notice board I have a weekly plan of activities both at home and out & about, (but not everything and it often changes! ) .. helps me remember what I thought of doing :-)
I also have the weekly menu on show. .Again it might change but it helps me remember what i'm cooking ;-)

sarah707
25-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Sounds good to me - but more importantly it must be doable for you! If you find yourself falling behind or struggling then think again about any tweaks you might need to make :D

bunyip
25-10-2013, 08:21 AM
What do I think? :confused:

i think it can only mean one thing............................

............if a CM (anyone, anywhere) finally understands the whole shebang, they must be planning to release another revised EYFS. :rolleyes: