PDA

View Full Version : Computer share vouchers query!! Please help x

AdeleMarie88
24-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Hello all, I've never had a parent who has used these before, but now I have, they work differently to other vouchers. You have to nominate a day you want to get paid on and the vouchers enter your bank that day. That was my understanding! Today is my nominated day, mom send the vouchers last Friday, I got an email to say the vouchers had enter my bank account, but they haven't. Does it take 2-3 days like other vouchers, or is it immediate on your nominated day? Anyone else have these vouchers? Xx

AliceK
24-10-2013, 08:42 AM
It does take 2 / 3 working days to hit your bank account just like all the others.

xxxx

bunyip
24-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I use Computershare too.

In effect, it works like this. On your 'nominated day' the company's computer takes the balance from your voucher account and sends it to your bank account. This does not mean it instantly arrives in your bank account though. Any delay is almost entirely down to the receiving bank's systems. For one thing, banks' computers reflect the archaic processes of the entire banking system: they don't work weekends!!! (They also get bank holidays off: presumably to go to the computer equivalent of the seaside. :p )So, it will still take a few 'working days' from the transfer going out of you voucher account until it is received and credited to your bank account balance.

Tip on using Computershare vouchers. The 'nominated day' system can cause a delay of up to a month. Say you choose the 1st of each month as your 'nominated day'. If a client is late and doesn't transfer vouchers to your account until the 2nd of November, then the Computershare system will let them sit there doing nothing (except earning interest for them) until its next search for payments, which will be on 1st December.

So - give Computershare a call and ask one of their nice telephone people to change your account and make their computer search for payments every day. :thumbsup:

QualityCare
24-10-2013, 08:49 AM
They all take 2-3 days to reach your bank account one of my families uses them and has done for years l havn't nominated a day, l tell the parent on a friday how much they owe (they pay weekly), dad activates the money l get an e-mail Monday to say dad has asked for the payment that's what your getting and money is in my account wednesday, weekends don't count.

AdeleMarie88
24-10-2013, 09:09 AM
They all take 2-3 days to reach your bank account one of my families uses them and has done for years l havn't nominated a day, l tell the parent on a friday how much they owe (they pay weekly), dad activates the money l get an e-mail Monday to say dad has asked for the payment that's what your getting and money is in my account wednesday, weekends don't count.

Thanks all x

hectors house
24-10-2013, 09:15 AM
I use Computershare too.

Tip on using Computershare vouchers. The 'nominated day' system can cause a delay of up to a month. Say you choose the 1st of each month as your 'nominated day'. If a client is late and doesn't transfer vouchers to your account until the 2nd of November, then the Computershare system will let them sit there doing nothing (except earning interest for them) until its next search for payments, which will be on 1st December.

So - give Computershare a call and ask one of their nice telephone people to change your account and make their computer search for payments every day. :thumbsup:

I had one parent using Computershare and child only came on a Friday, so account was set up for a Friday, then that child left - another parent started using them and I was always getting their payment late, I hadn't been asked what day I wanted paying on and turned out they were still paying me on a Friday - but as Bunyip says it can be 2/3 WORKING days before it arrives in your bank - I phoned them and requested any day as pay day and now it works great.