PDA

View Full Version : Settling in advice

littleDs31
23-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Have a 7mth old starting next wk and I'm a little worried about the first couple of wks. Anyone any advice about a smooth settling in period??

QualityCare
23-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Have you had a few visits with mum to find out his routine likes etc how he settles and a couple of short sessions on your own, l would keep to his routine for a couple of weeks until he's settled, stop outings to groups and places where there are a lot of people and noise for a while, go for walks if he is unsettled, once he is settled with you you can then tweak his routine to suit you.

dawn100
23-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I would recommend quick hand overs when mum/dad drops off and speak to them in advance of first drop off about this explain babies might cry when first dropped off but usually settle very quickly once parents are gone whereas if parents wait they might not stop. I've settle a few babies now and all parents were very good at following my advice of a quick update on any vital information, quick bye bye and back out the door and just to go and not worry they might be crying, if parents have left them crying I will text them an update about an hour later to let them know how little one is. Parents are in my house and back out in under 2mins.

hollyvilla
23-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Agree, a quick hand over is much better, the prolonged ones almost always end in tears!