PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh biter!!!!!

22-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Yesterday a 16m old mindee bit a 7m old mindee on the arm. Spoke to both sets of parents and had incident book signed. Today I watched biter like a hawk and at one point caught her about to bite the baby and dealt with it sternly.

However babies parents have just phoned me to say that after taking babies clothes off, they have just found a bite mark on babies back! I'm absolutely gutted :(. Babies parents are being lovely about it but it has made me feel panicked! I can't watch the biter ALL of the time!!!

MessybutHappy
22-10-2013, 07:58 PM
You have my deepest sympathy, awful, and as parent to both an ex biter and a bitten child, I can see all sides now! Its awful, but most parents (us included) recognise that this is one of those things that happens, and that with the best will in the world, it's mighty hard to prevent.

I suspect you will have to keep the 7 month in sight and / or out of harms way for a while, and watch the 16 month whilst you are out and about too.

Good luck...

Chimps Childminding
22-10-2013, 08:44 PM
You have my sympathy too! I have a biter at the mo (19 months) :( watched like a hawk but still managed to bite 14 month old on the arm when I thought they were playing really nicely :( luckily parents of bitten child were ok as both he and his older brother have both had a go at biting in the past - doesn't make you feel any better when it happens tho :(

I sometimes feel as tho I am constantly on this child's back and constantly moving him away from other children just in case! It's such a shame but don't wasn't to risk another child bring bitten!

I'm hoping its a phase he will quickly grow out of :rolleyes:

FloraDora
22-10-2013, 08:51 PM
My niece was a biter.... One day on holiday, we were walking down a country lane and she was holding her sister and my hands...something agitated her and she bent down to bite her sister ...and before I could stop her, her fangs bit hard into an arm ..... It was her own... By mistake as her sister, who knew her well, moved swiftly......she was so upset!!! She made a great huge mark on her own arm that lingered for a while.... She never bit anyone again....we couldn't have manipulated it better!!

serin
22-10-2013, 09:03 PM
My niece was a biter.... One day on holiday, we were walking down a country lane and she was holding her sister and my hands...something agitated her and she bent down to bite her sister ...and before I could stop her, her fangs bit hard into an arm ..... It was her own... By mistake as her sister, who knew her well, moved swiftly......she was so upset!!! She made a great huge mark on her own arm that lingered for a while.... She never bit anyone again....we couldn't have manipulated it better!!

lol brilliant so all we have to do is get them to bite themselves... :laughing:

tas
22-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I really feel for you, i've had a biter and like you had to watch them like a hawk, its hard work!
Hope its a phase that is outgrown soon

clairer
25-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I feel for you- I have also cared for a biter/hair puller. It is really difficult to pay 100% attention to what the child is up to whilst serving up a meal, wiping another child's bottom etc. The child in question was two and I tried to respond to the biting/hitting with a firm no and an explanation that is hurts the other child. I'm not sure it got through to the child though.