PDA

View Full Version : Do I let Ofsted know when a child starts with me

hayeschildcare
22-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi

I thought I had to let Ofsted know when a child starts with me, details such as age etc., but I cannot see this in the new EYFS. Please could someone just confirm this for me as I have just started out.

Many thanks.

Sarah

Rick
22-10-2013, 12:16 PM
No you don't let Ofsted know when a new child starts

rickysmiths
22-10-2013, 01:01 PM
No you have never had to let Ofsted know when individual children start with you.

hectors house
22-10-2013, 01:16 PM
No you don't have to notify them - just make sure you keep accurate records of when each child attends (some people use a register they have bought, some people have made their own forms or fill in a pages in an notebook, some people jot down times in their diary) - Ofsted may ask to see your attendance records and you will need to do this to prove when child attended in case a parent doesn't pay or in case there was an accident/abuse claim.:thumbsup:

hayeschildcare
22-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks for clarifying, your replies are much appreciated!!!!

No you don't have to notify them - just make sure you keep accurate records of when each child attends (some people use a register they have bought, some people have made their own forms or fill in a pages in an notebook, some people jot down times in their diary) - Ofsted may ask to see your attendance records and you will need to do this to prove when child attended in case a parent doesn't pay or in case there was an accident/abuse claim.:thumbsup:

funemnx
22-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I have this short information form for whan a child starts - I keep it in the child's folder;

INFORMATION FOR CHILDMINDER

Child’s full name …………………………………………†¦................................................. .......................................

Date of Birth …………………………………………†¦â€¦. Tel. No. …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
Home Address …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
Parent(s)/Guardian Name(s) …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

Place of work (Mother …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.. Tel. No. …………………………………
Mobile………………………………….

Place of work (Father) …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Tel No. …………………………………
Mobile …………………………………

Alternative emergency contact name and no. …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ ………………………

Child’s Doctor’s name …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
Address …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ ………...
Tel. No. …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦

Special instructions - diet, any health problems, including allergies …………………………………………†¦â€¦.....
…………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ ……………………….

Signed …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Date …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦