PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old funding

Memina
22-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning.

Just a quick question to those who offer the 2 year old funding.

How are you marketing the places? I was lead to believe that there'd be this huge need for two year olds but haven't heard anything.

I thought that the children centres would direct parents to local childminders however they say they can't pass on details?

So how do we let parents know that we can offer this 2yo places?

Simona
22-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning.

Just a quick question to those who offer the 2 year old funding.

How are you marketing the places? I was lead to believe that there'd be this huge need for two year olds but haven't heard anything.

I thought that the children centres would direct parents to local childminders however they say they can't pass on details?

So how do we let parents know that we can offer this 2yo places?

There are different ways of doing things in every LA so yours may differ, if you offer places your name should be put by your EY team on the list of 'providers', check it is there in the first place.

Some parents will approach cms directly while others will be referred to you by your EY team, in either case there is a form to fill in or even 2 maybe
All LAs get advised by the DfE of children who are coming up for their entitlement
All Las have different spaces to fill, some have many 2 year olds some only a few
This year there are 130,000 spaces to give but next Sept another 130,000 children will need to be given a space so the need is there

The best way to find out is to ring your EY team and ask them to clarify how it works for you then you will be able to 'market' your provision as they will have set the terms under which you can access the funding.

Hope this helps?

maisiemog
22-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Our local FIS is giving out details of the providers who are accepting 2 yr old funding. In our area it's currently 20% of children. I live right on the edge of one of the estates where about half of the 2yr olds will be entitled and have decided as I will be having my niece 3 days a week I'm going to advertise for those three days and have put posters up in this area advertising the fact that I can provide this service now.

On our info session last night all the FIS staff had chosen minders for their own children and openly admitted they were directing enquiries towards us rather than nurseries which was nice to hear.

Zoomie
22-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I can take two year olds but haven't had any enquries. I have vacancies that I would be happy to fill with any age child :(.

However, from what I can understand is that parents can make direct enquiries, or if there is a referral from a HV, a list of local providers will be provided.

A local mum has her child accessing the 2y funding at a local nursery, and I want to ask her how it came about. Unfortunately I never seem to be able to have a quiet word.

In there interim, I have put on my flyer at a children's centre plus local shop, as well as on my childcare.co.uk profile and my web site that I offer funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.

Tazmin68
22-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Our fis do offer to give out childminder details who are registered for 2 year old funding but it seems that parents seem to think that the children have to attend a group nursery setting to get the funded place. I find it quite annoying that it seems that the children's centres etc are pushing that these children attend nurseries as I have found that childminders are more able to accommodate these children's additional needs.

I currently look after 2 funded 2 year olds. One of which I treat her hair for lice and pick up and drop off which a nursery would not be able to do. The other child has a low immune system which means cannot attend a group setting and again I pick up and drop off.

Debbie

jackie 7
22-10-2013, 01:10 PM
My childrens center decides who can have the funding. At first when we were told about it it was as if they had loads of children who needed the places. After registering they now say not many places needed. Very strange.