PDA

View Full Version : buggy question

SYLVIA
21-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm looking to invest in a good double buggy as I have a few babies joining me over the next year or so. I'm sure the nipper 360 won't fit in a Zafira but can anybody tell me if it's any good in the snow. I'm thinking I could walk more as my road gets cut off when the snow comes

kel1983
21-10-2013, 07:56 PM
We have a nipper 360 its lovely. Just about fits through our side gate. Lies flat and handles brilliantly. We also have a Phil and teds. We have used this in the snow and handled well. Have not yet managed to fit them in the boot of Zafira with seats all up. But we tend to walk everywhere. The only thing im not happy with the nipper is even when the seats are in the up position they are still very reclined. otherwise love them both

jfradgley1
21-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I have just brought a hauck duette and I love it. Can be used as single or double, top seat can be turned into a pram for babies. It's quite chunky when put down though, that's the only downside. Not tried it in the snow yet but hoping it handles well as I got totally snowed in last year and couldn't go anywhere with my side by side pushchair.
Have fun shopping :)

BlondeMoment
21-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Just got my hands on a second hand Nipper 360 and I LOVE it! I previosuly had a Graco tandem buggy and although it was nice and slim for getting through doorways etc, it was hard to steer and the heavier the kids got the harder it was on my back.
The Nipper is soooo light. I've only had it a week so couldn't tell you much about snow but can say I've not heard much negative about it at all. It has pretty big wheels and does say 'any terrain' where advertised. I'd be surprised if it didn't cope with snow.
Get on ebay and ask some questions to people who are selling them second hand

greanan
21-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Baby jogger is fab!!! Not sure if it fits in boot or not as I don't drive but does fit on the bus :-)

Rolacolapink
21-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I have just purchased a double nipper but before I did I borrowed another cm's to check if it fits in my 54 plate zafira with all the seats up! It does, just! You need to take the wheels off and secure with a luggage strap but it does fit woohoo :-)

k-tots
22-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Ive got a cosetto double side by side and I can get that in my vw touran in the footwell between the front seats and the middle seats.....I have also managed it though snow with a
Buggy board attached

shortstuff
22-10-2013, 06:42 AM
I have 3 doubles. The cossato duet will only go in the footwell. My very cheap double from kiddicare goes in the boot of my zaffy with all seats up. The 3rd I havent tried but its a very old retro maclaren x

ja-lula-belli
22-10-2013, 06:54 AM
I have 3 doubles. The cossato duet will only go in the footwell. My very cheap double from kiddicare goes in the boot of my zaffy with all seats up. The 3rd I havent tried but its a very old retro maclaren x

What is the kiddycare buggy called. I have a citren Picasso c4 and my doubles are too big for the boot with all seats up.

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

linzi133
22-10-2013, 06:59 AM
What is the kiddycare buggy called. I have a citren Picasso c4 and my doubles are too big for the boot with all seats up. Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

I have the c4 grand Picasso and the only double to fit I the maclaren twin techno.

ja-lula-belli
22-10-2013, 07:08 AM
I have the c4 grand Picasso and the only double to fit I the maclaren twin techno.

That is with all seats up? Is that buggy suitable from birth? It's a shockingly small boot isn't it! Lol

SYLVIA
22-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have the cheap tesco double which fits in the Zafira boot and I've pimped it from a really heavy Mclaren a friend gave me. It now has a hood, seat covers, shopping basket and lovely raincover but I haven't used it in the snow. People say the big wheels work best so I may go down that road even if it doesn't fit in the car as I can't get my car out in the snow

Cinnamon Sugar
22-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Just got my hands on a second hand Nipper 360 and I LOVE it! I previosuly had a Graco tandem buggy and although it was nice and slim for getting through doorways etc, it was hard to steer and the heavier the kids got the harder it was on my back.
The Nipper is soooo light. I've only had it a week so couldn't tell you much about snow but can say I've not heard much negative about it at all. It has pretty big wheels and does say 'any terrain' where advertised. I'd be surprised if it didn't cope with snow.
Get on ebay and ask some questions to people who are selling them second hand

Ooh, this is interesting, I have never had much luck with the various double buggies I have had and have a graco tandem just now. I hate it! It kills my wrists and back and is hard to get up and down kerbs. Think I might have to splash out and get a nipper 360 especially if it can handle the snow which the graco definitely can't! Sooo expensive though :-(

Rachel6
22-10-2013, 08:38 AM
I splashed on the nipper double in may & I love it. My fourth double in 21 years of minding it is so light to push I can push it with one hand & still hold a toddlers hand. Well worth it x

Cinnamon Sugar
22-10-2013, 09:46 AM
I splashed on the nipper double in may & I love it. My fourth double in 21 years of minding it is so light to push I can push it with one hand & still hold a toddlers hand. Well worth it x

Great, am convinced :-) just need to convince my husband ( could take a lot longer! )

SJ35
22-10-2013, 09:56 AM

I've just bought one too and I love that I can push it one handed and hold onto another LO.
I can definitely recommend it!

Dh is still not happy that I have bought it lol. I have sold my maclaren double though and lots of toys and have got most of the money back and cleared some space in my playroom too. :)
Xx

linzi133
22-10-2013, 11:37 AM
That is with all seats up? Is that buggy suitable from birth? It's a shockingly small boot isn't it! Lol Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Yes it's with all the seats up.... It only just fits!! It's got to be the smallest boot ever!!

samb
22-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I have just brought a hauck duette and I love it. Can be used as single or double, top seat can be turned into a pram for babies. It's quite chunky when put down though, that's the only downside. Not tried it in the snow yet but hoping it handles well as I got totally snowed in last year and couldn't go anywhere with my side by side pushchair.
Have fun shopping :)

I sold my Hauck duett this year. I like you loved it- especially when I had a sleeper and could put it like a pram- so cute! However the small wheels at the front didn't take to off roading very well and I was worried I would snap them off going over roots etc at the woods. For the same reason it was really hard to push in the snow. As it has large back wheels you can get away with putting it backwards but I found it really tough going on my wrists. I bought a phil and teds instead as the big wheels suited the woods and snow so much better. I do prefer the seating arrangement and hoods and basket and adjustable handle on the Hauck but unfortunately the wheels became an issue for me.

shortstuff
22-10-2013, 05:26 PM
What is the kiddycare buggy called. I have a citren Picasso c4 and my doubles are too big for the boot with all seats up.

It is their own brand x its bright stripes and £38? Or something like that x just been through their site and I cant find it x sorry x have a look through ebay x

ja-lula-belli
22-10-2013, 06:16 PM
It is their own brand x its bright stripes and £38? Or something like that x just been through their site and I cant find it x sorry x have a look through ebay x

Thanks anyway x