PDA

View Full Version : Eewwww!!!

smurfette
21-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Little one arrived this am mum said she had had one bout of diarrohea which she thought might be down to eating an orange too fast! Right I say I will send home if she goes again., just changed her before nap and she had a slight bit in nappy but it was yellow stinky and .. Well you get the picture. Mum on way to pick her up, and she is filling it again.. Gosh I hope we don't all get it now yuck!!!

cathtee
21-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Yuk, hope you will be ok and not get it. It's amazing that they just won't admit that its a bug and blame it on something else:mad:

clareelizabeth1
21-10-2013, 01:00 PM
It always got to be the teeth DS is "teething" right now which would explain the horrible nappy. It has nothing to do with the temperature, sore throat and possible ear ache he has.

EmmaReed84
21-10-2013, 01:13 PM
One thing I will say in defence of parents. When MIL used to childmind for me, she would call me up to say DS had diarrhea, I would get him home and he would be fine, as in, he would go for a poo and it would be solid.

One occasion, MIL called me up and said it didn't look right so I collected, got him home and he went to the toilet and again it was solid... In fact it was like a flipping rock! So I told MIL and took him back the next day, MIL called me up again and said he was runny again, SIL who was about 15 at the time starting texting me rude messages about how I was a terrible Mum and a liar, I had a massive row with them both!

Turned out my son suffered with something called "Overload diarrhea" where he would be so constipated, that the only thing to get through was the vile, super smelly runny stuff that trickled through, making it look like he had the bug! Both my sons suffer from it and have to regularly take medication to keep things moving.

I think you can definitely tell the difference between a child who is properly ill and a child who is say, teething, or eaten something that has disagreed with them.

All I can say is... I HATE POO!

smurfette
21-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Mum was quite apologetic and collected immediately, to be honest I wouldn't send home
After just one yucky nappy unless child was patently unwell too, but she was in good form.,
However she did have two more yucky ones in half an hour! I don't think she is constipated though I only have her 5/6 days a month so hard to Say! Busy with the dettol spray now!!

tas
21-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Ewww yuk! Hope you don't come down with it

I had a parent take 2hrs to collect for d&v once :mad: the little one had to go home wrapped in an old towel as by the time they got to me all spares (theirs and mine) were messed and bagged up

rickysmiths
21-10-2013, 03:43 PM
I had a couple come and see me on Sat. Little child was very dribble. This couple use a Nursery at present but wanted a cm because the Nursery kept ringing them to collect the child because he had a temperature and was clingy. :panic:

I made it very clear that my Policy was that if the child was not well enough to take part in the Daily activities then they needed to be at home. The mum looked horrified and said,'but he will be at home with me all the time!' 'he is only teething!' I also made it clear that I did not accept children dosed up with Calopl and would probably end up calling them as well if he was unwell.

I asked if they both used Childcare Vouchers and she said her husband didn't because he earned too much, bit odd I thought and then they asked my fees, which are average for the area and a bit cheaper than the local Nurseries to be told I was too expensive and they would have to use Granny for Fridays and just use me on a Friday if they needed me!!! I explained that would be fine but I may not be able to be sure to have a space on a Friday unless they paid for a Friday and I wanted them to be clear about that. :laughing:

I didn't warm to them and wouldn't have offered a place but she did text this morning and say they wouldn't be using me!! I texted back and wished them luck and thanked her for letting me know.

BlondeMoment
21-10-2013, 04:10 PM
The worst one I had was when I went to get a little girl (10 months) up after her nap and she'd pooed everywhere. It had all oozed out of her nappy and I literally picked her up in the sheets, blankets and everything and put her in my bathtub to hose her down with the shower attachment lol. Bless her she wasn't impressed. So glad we weren't out at the time lol

kellyskidz!
21-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Urghhhh my pet hate, diarrhoea nappies. I just can't!! I've had one where I opened the nappy and it literally ran all over the changing mat and spilled over the sides. Gag! The first time I've ever had to bathe a child after a nappy change :crying:I hope lo is better soon and you and yours don't catch it xx

Tazmin68
21-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Yea

Last Wednesday lo had 3 nappies by time parent collected the final one down his legs on shoes etc. parent said it must have been down to the amount of fruit he had eaten night before. As he was only minder the following day I did say as long as he was ok no more nappies after he went home I would have him as he suffers with constipation and it can take two hard nappies to then free up to poo for Britain well comes following day dad tells me no dirty nappies since he left me. He then keeps napping wakes up falls asleep again from 8-1 this happens 5 times def not himself so I sent parents a text. Mom picks him up at 2.30 and admits he had a further 4 dirty nappies after leaving me. So angry and she's a trainee nurse!!!!

smurfette
21-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Yea

Last Wednesday lo had 3 nappies by time parent collected the final one down his legs on shoes etc. parent said it must have been down to the amount of fruit he had eaten night before. As he was only minder the following day I did say as long as he was ok no more nappies after he went home I would have him as he suffers with constipation and it can take two hard nappies to then free up to poo for Britain well comes following day dad tells me no dirty nappies since he left me. He then keeps napping wakes up falls asleep again from 8-1 this happens 5 times def not himself so I sent parents a text. Mom picks him up at 2.30 and admits he had a further 4 dirty nappies after leaving me. So angry and she's a trainee nurse!!!!

Wow that takes the biscuit! You win!!!

rickysmiths
22-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh I had one a few years ago. 9mth old had not been well the day before d & s, and I told mum I would not have for at least 48 hrs. Next morning mum turns up, dumps baby in seat on my doorstep and runs saying I have booked an appointment with the doctor for you at 10.30am!!! :laughing: I remember my Dad was staying at the time and couldn't believe what had just happened. I called her straight back and she was not very happy. :laughing:

skatie
22-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Once on holiday in a remote area of Zimbabwe my 18mnth ds came down with Severe diarrhoea, we rapidly went through all the disposable nappies we had brought with us. The nearest shop didn't sell nappies of any description so the poor mite had to poop where he stood, let it run down his legs then we would shower him down, repeat about 30 times! The nearest people who had a child our sons age and had disposable nappies (and calpol) lived 1 hours drive away on a farm. My Dh had to drive through a heard of elephants to get to the farm and eventually arrived back with nappies and calpol that these kind people had given to us for free! The nearest hospital was 5 hours drive and we couldn't take the risk of driving at night so had to wait until the next morning before we could drive him to hospital. By the next day he was so dehydrated he wasn't crying tears and was pooing blood. Never been so scared in my life but for a 3rd world country the doctors and nurses were amazing. We were so worried about him getting malaria that we never gave a second thought to the possible side effects of the anti malarial drug, diarrhoea.

smurfette
22-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Once on holiday in a remote area of Zimbabwe my 18mnth ds came down with Severe diarrhoea, we rapidly went through all the disposable nappies we had brought with us. The nearest shop didn't sell nappies of any description so the poor mite had to poop where he stood, let it run down his legs then we would shower him down, repeat about 30 times! The nearest people who had a child our sons age and had disposable nappies (and calpol) lived 1 hours drive away on a farm. My Dh had to drive through a heard of elephants to get to the farm and eventually arrived back with nappies and calpol that these kind people had given to us for free! The nearest hospital was 5 hours drive and we couldn't take the risk of driving at night so had to wait until the next morning before we could drive him to hospital. By the next day he was so dehydrated he wasn't crying tears and was pooing blood. Never been so scared in my life but for a 3rd world country the doctors and nurses were amazing. We were so worried about him getting malaria that we never gave a second thought to the possible side effects of the anti malarial drug, diarrhoea.

Wow that was quite an adventure!!

Zoomie
22-10-2013, 11:31 AM

I used to live in Zimbabwe. Used to get 6-weekly episodes of D&V :(

WibbleWobble
22-10-2013, 11:38 AM
I used to live in Zimbabwe. Used to get 6-weekly episodes of D&V :(

My daughter in law is Zimbabwean!

She doesn't want to go back!

Wibble x