PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspections whilst only providing after school pick up?

zuloo21
21-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi there, I have had a bad experience with minding for Early years children during the day (ie-excessive Late payments) so ceased minding, and will terminate if i don't see £££'s by this Fri. I'm devastated! I have put many hours and ££££'s into being a childminder but now i'm having to borrow money off of friends as i'm really worse off.... On a lighter note I have been offered a job in a setting :D 9am- 3pm (stable income!!!) which works out well as i'd be able to do my after school pick up of one yr R child as a minder still - whom i only have 3-4 hrs Mon-Wed term time only. Will i need inspections from Ofsted for this?? I was due Ofsted out this week but got to phone them with the ceased minding news :/ I have tried calling my QIP but phone is off. Any info would be great. Thanks

sarah707
21-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Children are still in the EYFS until they start year 1 at school... if you are registered as a childminder Ofsted can turn up at any time... they might be understanding and wait a while but they are legally allowed to inspect registered provision.

I hope it all works out for you xx