PDA

View Full Version : Tesco laminator

smurfette
21-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi so I bit the bullet and ordered a tesco laminator to come with my online shop .. But it says only suitable for 80/100gsm and the laminator paper I ordered is 125gsm! Went back in to say if it says so on the website but there is nothing about the thickness which is really annoying! I presume it won't work??

bunyip
21-10-2013, 08:43 AM
IIWY, I'd try it whilst it's under guarantee. Just don't try it with any sentimental-value old photos. probably the worst that could happen s that it jams and you just take it back, play the "I don't understand what happened" bit at the customer services desk, and get a refund that is hardly going to send Tesco shares plummeting. OK, I know this isn't 100% ethical, but I believe the major supermarkets to be entirely Evil: so I rank this particular 'crime' alongside that of stealing King Herod's Google map of the Bethlehem childcare settings. :huh:

I got the Texet A4 laminator from Wilko's, which was on offer at £9 last time I went in (£11 usually). It takes 100-160 micron pouches.

bunyip
21-10-2013, 08:47 AM
If you'd rather be an :littleangel: then just contact Tesco online for a refund. You have a right of return under distance selling regulations (or at least you do in the UK - check your local trading standards) even if you just change your mind within a reasonable period of time. You'd be liable for the cost of returning the goods, so long as that is specified in the company's returns policy.

Apart from anything else, they really should've stated which pouches the thing uses: it's a fairly essential piece of information that a buyer needs to know.

smurfette
21-10-2013, 08:56 AM
If you'd rather be an :littleangel: then just contact Tesco online for a refund. You have a right of return under distance selling regulations (or at least you do in the UK - check your local trading standards) even if you just change your mind within a reasonable period of time. You'd be liable for the cost of returning the goods, so long as that is specified in the company's returns policy.

Apart from anything else, they really should've stated which pouches the thing uses: it's a fairly essential piece of information that a buyer needs to know.

I would have thought so yes!! However woohoo it works!! Am busy laminating photos and anything standing still long enough! What about card like book marks does that need to be taken into account with the thickness thing?!

bunyip
21-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I think you'll only find out by testing it to destruction then using slightly thinner card on the replacement. :rolleyes:

It's like the perfect way to make toast: keep going until it burns, then cook it a minute less. :)

line6
21-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I laminated a leaf in my Tescos cheapie laminator with their value pouches. I thought it may be too thick - particularly the stalk but it went through fine.

smurfette
21-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I laminated a leaf in my Tescos cheapie laminator with their value pouches. I thought it may be too thick - particularly the stalk but it went through fine.

Good to know! Ok may be a stupid question.. If u want to laminate something into a shape do u cut the shape out first or after??

lizduncan72
21-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Good to know! Ok may be a stupid question.. If u want to laminate something into a shape do u cut the shape out first or after??

I always put things through in a full size pouch then cut out leaving about a centimetre round the shape then laminate again just to make sure edges are properly sealed.

smurfette
21-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I always put things through in a full size pouch then cut out leaving about a centimetre round the shape then laminate again just to make sure edges are properly sealed.

Cool thanks!

Here we go., painted leaves and cut out and laminated.. Ta da! Very simple will be more inventive but just wanted to try my new toy., I am in lurve!!

hectors house
21-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Thanks for tip on laminating it again when cut out - I laminated a digger number line from Sparklebox, cut into strips and put out in garden but the rain has got in the edges and ruined it :angry:

Miss freckles
21-10-2013, 03:09 PM
When you put stuff outside I'm presuming you stapled it with a staple gun? Once the staples go in when it rains it causes the water to swap through and ruin it, some things do need stapling so just make sure you staple on the edge of the laminated pouch and not the paper, that works, on my playhouse I used glue tac spots and it's still in perfect condition three months later :)