PDA

View Full Version : Hoping today will be better!

littlebears1009
21-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Before I went away I started to make a little progress with my 9 month old minde who screamed constantly and refused to sleep. He still cried a little but not so much as i managed to get him in kind of a routine. (Mum has no routine with him whatsoever). Came back from my 2 week holiday last week and had him on Thursday, he spent almost 5 hours constantly screaming and refused to sleep all day. I dont know where he got the energy from to scream like this for this time as his mum said he hadnt slept well in the night (very rarely does). So I am dreading today. I said at first if he was the same when I came back off my hols I would consider notice but my OH has now been reduced hours at work so I have no choice but to persevere for the time being!

bluebell3
21-10-2013, 07:22 AM
oh no - good luck! hope it goes well - I had one like this on friday who cried for 45 minutes and worked himself into such a state he couldn't calm down. on the end i tool the children to the park and he was asleep before i got to the end of the road - phew - and still asleep when the parents picked up and hour later!

littlebears1009
21-10-2013, 07:33 AM
I have tried numerous things over the weeks including going in the pram, going in the car. He wont sleep in the pram he will sleep in the car but as soon as we have to stop at the lights hes awake and screaming again. My own lo is starting to dislike him as while hes screaming for hours and refusing to nap I cant do activities with the older ones. Its difficult as my OH used to work over to get away from it but now hes at home until after lunch so its impacting on family life but if i give notice will also have a financial impact as hes 4 full days and hes my only one atm. Im turning down enquiries because I feel I cant take anymore on until this lo has settled better!