PDA

View Full Version : Settling in and now want to reduce hours?

S Stars
20-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi me again!! :)

I am currently in the process of settling in a 12 month old. Lo has been quite unsettled but is getting there.
We have signed contracts and start date is in a couple of weeks time.
The child's parents are quite anxious and worried about the whole process and are now struggling with the lo behaviour at home. They believe this is because they are leaving the child and now want to reduce hours which were 2 days a total of 18 hours. To one day until 1 or 2 pm ( was 5.30) and the 2nd day keep the same but lo will be collected earlier when possible. I have tried to explain that once we establish a routine etc things will settle.
I am happy to reduce the hours but was thinking of saying either 12 or 2 pm pick up as by finishing at 12 I could then potentially take on a pre schooler for the afternoon??

If anyone has any advice on how to best approach this I would be really grateful. Also when amending the contract do we just enter the new hours and resign with the change taking immediate effect?

Thanks xx

VeggieSausage
20-10-2013, 07:50 PM
I would advise that 2 days a week is far better for the child than 1..... 1 day a week can be very unsettling and harder to settle in for an insecure child, in my experience and I wouldn't want to do a morning and think you will get a pre-school pick up personally, do you want to go out and pick up at lunchtime rather than have one for a full day?

critch
20-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi me again!! :)

I am currently in the process of settling in a 12 month old. Lo has been quite unsettled but is getting there.
We have signed contracts and start date is in a couple of weeks time.
The child's parents are quite anxious and worried about the whole process and are now struggling with the lo behaviour at home. They believe this is because they are leaving the child and now want to reduce hours which were 2 days a total of 18 hours. To one day until 1 or 2 pm ( was 5.30) and the 2nd day keep the same but lo will be collected earlier when possible. I have tried to explain that once we establish a routine etc things will settle.
I am happy to reduce the hours but was thinking of saying either 12 or 2 pm pick up as by finishing at 12 I could then potentially take on a pre schooler for the afternoon??

If anyone has any advice on how to best approach this I would be really grateful. Also when amending the contract do we just enter the new hours and resign with the change taking immediate effect?

Thanks xx

It looks like our lives are running parallel , parents of my lo are the same , I would suggest a 12 finish but it ties you both days but on the upside you could take on a preschooler pickup like you say, good luck x