PDA

View Full Version : Herts

charlottenash
18-10-2013, 08:55 PM
For those in herts I can imagine my mindees faces when they turn up!!!

loocyloo
18-10-2013, 09:48 PM
My fire safety officer turned up to check house and install smoke alarms with the fire truck and in uniform... sadly it was 8pm and no mindees!

FloraDora
18-10-2013, 09:53 PM
The local fire crew have booked in to visit me tomorrow!

It is also my 34th wedding anniversary!!

My DH hasn't realised yet why tomorrow is going to be a special day!!

angeldelight
18-10-2013, 11:48 PM
For those in herts I can imagine my mindees faces when they turn up!!!

How did the visit go?

Angel xx

angeldelight
18-10-2013, 11:48 PM
The local fire crew have booked in to visit me tomorrow!

It is also my 34th wedding anniversary!!

My DH hasn't realised yet why tomorrow is going to be a special day!!

Happy Anniversary have a lovely day

Angel xx

rickysmiths
19-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Yes we have done this and would you believe one of the Firemen was a Registered Childminder! I got a friend to come and help with the children while they went round the house. I have a large drive and they pulled up on it and then let the children go on the engine they loved it. I did post photos on here at the time.

The last check was at 7 in the evening so no children but they are not allowed to come up on drives anymore :( I suspect someone has claimed they have broken their drive.

I had a new extension built 3 years ago and a very big one, we remodeled the whole ground floor and we had hard wired smoke and heat detectors fitted. The fire people came out and advised on where we needed detectors and then they came and checked everything when the work was completed. It will be a few years now before I need another visit.

tulip0803
19-10-2013, 02:11 PM
My first house we had the fire engine fully crewed come out much to the thrill of the LOs (and a few of my friends who managed to pass at the time!).

The house we are in now they turned up in the First Response Vehicle (fully kitted for medical emergencies) DH arrived home in a panic seeing it on the drive as he thought there was a medical emergency!:D