PDA

View Full Version : taking on another after schooler????

Mrsh3103
18-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I didn't know I was but....... one of my schoolies told me this evening that her friend is coming to me soon because her mum needs to work more hours!!!!
I just said "oh really".

Isn't it nice when parents just decide you're having their child but don't think to let you know.

I don't have any under 8 spaces left so she'll be out of luck unless she's over 8!!

shortstuff
19-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Haha love it x

I was asked if I had a space by a mum. Told her I was concerned with timings between schools as it would be an extra 1. I then get a message telling me she would be round on saturday as she would only need me for 15 mins n then they could start lol. My space magically dissappeared lol x

Mrsh3103
19-10-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking it might be best for me to say I don't have space too. If she's already assuming things and she hasn't even approached me to have her child what's she going to be like if I take her on?

shortstuff
19-10-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm thinking it might be best for me to say I don't have space too. If she's already assuming things and she hasn't even approached me to have her child what's she going to be like if I take her on?

Exactly and if you are like me thats the worst thing in the world , having assumptions made without consideration for the others you already care for x

Goatgirl
19-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
The mum may have just been speculating about possibilities and the child has decided its all a done deal :).

tulip0803
19-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
The mum may have just been speculating about possibilities and the child has decided its all a done deal :).

Agree. I have one schoolie who keeps telling me I need to pick up L*** as he needs to come to mine cos his Mum works and I need to have him too! Mum finishes at 2.30 school pick up 3 and grandparents in the village.:rolleyes:

Mrsh3103
21-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Just had a call from the mum of the new child. She's asked me to collect from school and have until 7pm mondays, wednesdays and thursdays. All day on these days in the holiday. Starting tonight!!!!!
I don't work mondays so had to say no to that one. I go on holiday thursday for 10 days so can't do this half term for her. she asked if I was able to just work a few days of it as she hadnt realised I wouldn't be working and had arranged to work. I told her I was out of the country so there was no way I would be able to work any of the days. She did a really long sigh and tutted!!!!
I told her she would need to come round with her child so I can meet them both & sign contracts and permissions. She said that wasn't possible as she works until 6.30pm. She wanted me to just collect from school without either of us knowing who the other was or what we looked like?!?!?!

shortstuff
21-10-2013, 11:41 AM
alarm bells!!!!! i take it your space wont be there after your holiday?

Yet another example of how people still think they can dictate to us what happens in our settings. :panic:

dawn100
21-10-2013, 11:44 AM
That is just unbelievable! :panic:

lizduncan72
21-10-2013, 11:49 AM
How can people think that this is a good way to arrange care for their children??? I don't know you but can you pick up my child!!!!! Think if it was me the space would be disappearing while I was on holiday lol

Mrsh3103
21-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I could do with the money it would bring BUT as I said in a previous post if this is what she's like now how would she be once the contracts are signed?

loocyloo
21-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I think my space would be taken once I got home from my holiday!

I had a mum ring today and say ''ok, i'll take the space from half term'' ... once i'd asked WHO I was talking to, I realised it was a mum i'd spoken to at the beginning of the summer and had said she 'would get back to me and arrange a visit'. I told her that I didn't have the vacancy and was told that i'd told her I had one! I said yes, I did, in MAY, for OCTOBER! but as she hadn't got back to me, someone else had taken up the space. I do have a space from January, BUT she was so rude on the phone, I forgot to tell her :D

Mrsh3103
21-10-2013, 01:34 PM
I've phoned her back and said unfortunately I can't accommodate the hours she needs.
She asked me why I don't work mondays and said that I have really messed her working hours up as she had told them it's fine to work those days.
I explained that my ds has regular hospital appointments on mondays sometimes 3 times a month so it's easier for me to just not work them than mess paremts about. Now im kicking myself for justifying it to her.
She was so rude! Glad I can't take the child on!! What is wrong with people?

Miss freckles
21-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Some people are so rude, I had a parent in July who wanted me for her children in the summer holidays and before and after school in term time, three of them 5,6, and 9. At the time I had space she arranged a visit, told me she would call the following day she never did and I never heard from her since.

Today I get a call, she's sorted her hours out now so can they come at 6:30 ASAP, erm no, I no longer have the space and I don't start work til 7:30! She couldn't get her head round why I couldn't have them, I kept telling her it was not within my numbers I can't just have as many children as I like.

Some people!! Do they think we just turn everyone away in case one day they might phone for a space!!