PDA

View Full Version : no ofsted yet?

kims kingdom
17-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone
Should I be worried ive been a registerecd cm since may 2012
I havent been graded yet ofstec were due round sept 12 but I onky had one after school at time so they said
We will give u another 6 months so march 13 still havent had a call I have actually phoned them
This was in may to say and they didnt help me much ive learnt from on here is that they call adask whenu have children
And then will come on one of those days but not had a call.
What should I do???
Ive had a phone call for childcare today the mum is coming mon I don't want a new one here as all my other mindees have been here since last yr and I know well and feel happy with.
Im worried as I know from my sons school ofsted have raised the bar im nervous ive not or doing enough

karensmart4
17-10-2013, 07:15 PM
You can phone either Tribal or ----- sorry I've forgotten the name of the other one :blush: and ask them to make an appointment with you.. sometimes they just forget :panic:

One of our local cm's has done this recently.

Hope it happens soon, it's not nice just waiting.

sarah707
18-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Someone asked this question on the FB group the other day - and some cms have been waiting 5 or more years for an inspection!!

I am not sure if you can chase them but it's worth a try if you are ready and want it over with :D

Ali56
18-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Yep-waited 5 years for mine. Done at last though and the relief is enormous. I didn't realise how stressed I was until after I got my paper report in the post. Lost my voice and felt terrible for a few days!
Prospect is, I think, the other one. Might be worth flagging it up-but make sure you are prepared first! Trouble is, they are so far behind that unless there are concerns they don't seem to be rushing...

mrstom
18-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone
Should I be worried ive been a registerecd cm since may 2012
I havent been graded yet ofstec were due round sept 12 but I onky had one after school at time so they said
We will give u another 6 months so march 13 still havent had a call I have actually phoned them
This was in may to say and they didnt help me much ive learnt from on here is that they call adask whenu have children
And then will come on one of those days but not had a call.
What should I do???
Ive had a phone call for childcare today the mum is coming mon I don't want a new one here as all my other mindees have been here since last yr and I know well and feel happy with.
Im worried as I know from my sons school ofsted have raised the bar im nervous ive not or doing enough

I was registered March 2012 and I'm still waiting for my first graded inspection. I had a call in August 2012 and I told them I wasn't due to start minding until the following month so they said they would call back. They never did so earlier this year I rang them - they said they had me down as not childminding so I would never have had the call!

I'm now back in the system so they have told me to expect a call - no idea when, this was back in May when I last chased them!

I'm snowed under with my Level 3 now so don't want them to come just yet :D

Tazmin68
18-10-2013, 09:32 AM
This is the problem because a complaint triggers an unannounced inspection they are getting behind. I was inspected Nov 11 and an annon complaint received by ofsted in September triggered an unannounced inspection on 20 September so I have now had 2 inspections in 2 years. There is no way they are going to be able to keep on top of normal inspections.

Deb

k-tots
18-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Im the same.....called in feb to say I had started.....not heard anything yet but I know im not ready need to rework my ljs policy updates ra....so I know I should call but will chase up onxe im nearly there.....just got about 60% to rework x