PDA

View Full Version : Having a break down.....MOI ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

maryp0ppins
17-10-2013, 02:50 PM
For sometime I have been posting how I've had enough of childminding & cannot be bothered with it all & have been physically looking for jobs.

Well for the last 3 weeks I've got my mojo back :-0

Don't know what it is but I'm not stressing about learning journals , OBS , next steps etc & taking then in my stride & starting to feel a lot more positive about it all.
I'm moving house so will have a play room, got a couple of new lo's on my ratios who are really lovely with dare I say it really lovely parents that actually tell me they're so happy their babies are in my care & I actually feel valued which I think I was lacking before.

I'm i going a bit CRAZY or does this happen to us all ?!?!?!?!?!?

VeggieSausage
17-10-2013, 02:53 PM
this is what it should be like - yipppeee!

clareelizabeth1
17-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Lucky you glad you found your mojo

shortstuff
17-10-2013, 04:43 PM
yay go Marypoppins x

jealous lots as my mojo has dissappeared x

maryp0ppins
17-10-2013, 04:56 PM
yay go Marypoppins x jealous lots as my mojo has dissappeared x

I just thought grass was greener, maybe change in career one day but not yet. I really do think with these new parents & their lovely words has made me realise I'm actually good at what I do. Few of the parents really annoy me & expect the earth so I think with the new balance has perked me up.

Chin up Gail, inbox me if ya like :)

shortstuff
17-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I just thought grass was greener, maybe change in career one day but not yet. I really do think with these new parents & their lovely words has made me realise I'm actually good at what I do. Few of the parents really annoy me & expect the earth so I think with the new balance has perked me up.

Chin up Gail, inbox me if ya like :)

Ahh thanks Mary, im ok just swamped x my parents do appreciate me one bakes me fresh bread every week and another family wouldnt buy a house they liked as it wouldnt be convenient to get to me any more. Just finding it a struggle with the paperwork at the mo. I have 4 2yr reports to write and im behind on the coursework for my level 3 too on top of the usual bits and bobs. I will get there, especially if i do like i did this morning and sat downstairs completely by myself drinking my one and only hot coffee of the day in peace x I gave myself 30 minutes to just sit and chill and i feel a little brighter today x

The Juggler
17-10-2013, 09:21 PM
glad your mojo is back. :clapping::clapping::clapping: mine came and went regularly in my 9 years :laughing::laughing:

Becci26
17-10-2013, 09:28 PM
glad your mojo is back. :clapping::clapping::clapping: mine came and went regularly in my 9 years :laughing::laughing:

Hi juggler,

Was thinking of u just today! How's the new job going? Hope ur well x

bunyip
18-10-2013, 08:09 AM
For sometime I have been posting how I've had enough of childminding & cannot be bothered with it all & have been physically looking for jobs.

Well for the last 3 weeks I've got my mojo back :-0

Don't know what it is but I'm not stressing about learning journals , OBS , next steps etc & taking then in my stride & starting to feel a lot more positive about it all.
I'm moving house so will have a play room, got a couple of new lo's on my ratios who are really lovely with dare I say it really lovely parents that actually tell me they're so happy their babies are in my care & I actually feel valued which I think I was lacking before.

I'm i going a bit CRAZY or does this happen to us all ?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't worry about it: going crazy happened to me ages ago. :jump for joy: After all, there's no point driving yourself mad trying to stay sane. :rolleyes:

:)Glad you're back to your true MaryPoppins self again.:) I find an occasional game of Pooh-Sticks helps to maintain that perspective. :thumbsup:

Bumble Beez
19-10-2013, 04:14 PM
I feel like I wrote your post!!
Had a terrible ofsted, lost enthusiasm and cried lots (lol) then I was offed a job at a pre-school, got confused thinking I wanted to give up minding, discussed everything with family and decided not to move on...
So now I have revamped my minding business, taken on a new and fabulous assistant and have definitely got my mojo back!!
Am feeling lots happier and feel like I have gone full circle...
So yes, I think it does happen to a lot of childminders xx

Sarah x

maryp0ppins
19-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I feel like I wrote your post!! Had a terrible ofsted, lost enthusiasm and cried lots (lol) then I was offed a job at a pre-school, got confused thinking I wanted to give up minding, discussed everything with family and decided not to move on... So now I have revamped my minding business, taken on a new and fabulous assistant and have definitely got my mojo back!! Am feeling lots happier and feel like I have gone full circle... So yes, I think it does happen to a lot of childminders xx Sarah x

Aaahhh that's great :)
I would like an assistant but not sure where to start, I think it'd be nice having some company a few days a week, although I do have some lovely childminding friends :)

Bumble Beez
19-10-2013, 04:29 PM
I've worked with assistants (mum and mum-in-law) for the last 5 years...and find it works fantastically :) I like the company, second pair of hands, eyes and the input with planning...

Following my ofsted and a long discussion with both mums, they both agreed that they were struggling with keeping up with training and would like more time at home and I don't blame them tbh...so I went back to working by myself.

This has lasted 3 months lol...and now have a wonderful new assistant who is the same age as me and is thriving on the paperwork and training etc so cannot ask for more!!

It's nice having someone to bounce ideas off

Sarah x