PDA

View Full Version : Conker Painting

Daisy De
17-10-2013, 01:56 PM
We made these this morning like marble painting.

A4 template of Horse Chestnut Tree Leaves in the bottom of a container then autumn colour paints with a conker in each.

Did this with 2 year olds. Got then to pick up conker from the paint with a spoon, drop it in the container then roll the container to make the painting. They picked it up really easily and mess was kept in container.

When dry I cut the leaves out, talked about smallest, biggest etc then stuck them on autumn coloured card of their choice.

Really easy, lots of EYFS areas and best of all great fun :-)

eddie
17-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Ooh good idea - we have collected lots of conkers so we will be doing this tomorrow I think! Thanks for the share. :laughing:

hectors house
17-10-2013, 03:08 PM
thank you for sharing - I have had marble painting for a next steps for a mindee for a while but I have lost my marbles!! quite literally - put them somewhere safe away from the little ones and now I want them I can't find them - so conker painting will tie in nicely with Autumn and next steps marble painting. :)

Daisy De
17-10-2013, 03:42 PM
They don't roll quite so easy as marbles but it works the same Hectors House. I have a next step to use marbles :-)

My 2 year olds also pushed the conkers around with a spoon as well as rolling the container, they enjoyed that as well.

Carol
20-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Lovely different way to marble paint

Carol

tas
20-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Lovely idea :)

miffy
20-10-2013, 09:22 PM
They look great - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Miffy xx