PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!!

S Stars
17-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi

I have been expecting a child to arrive at 2 for settling in she was going to stay until 3.30 and come on school run with me.
Have stayed in with my son as his school is shut today as I knew they were coming.
Now just had text saying child has only just fallen asleep in car and thinking should leave it for today as will be upset if woken early.
Should I still charge her as waited in all day or is it just one of those things!!?
Thanks x

charlottenash
17-10-2013, 01:16 PM
If it's the first settling in and they've let you down already I'd be charging just to set a precedent for the future.

Either that or I would just cease working with them altogether, people like that get my back up!

S Stars
17-10-2013, 01:19 PM
It's not first we are in week 3?? X

KaicosMummy
17-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Have you charged on the other settling sessions? If so then yes you should still charge as she has booked a session and you have arranged your day accordingly, you are available to work therefor she should still pay, no matter the reason why she is not attending. If you have not charged for the settling sessions then you cannot really charge for this one, but you should gently remind mum that sessions booked when her child starts must always be paid for and she needs to try her best to give more notice of any changes :-)

S Stars
17-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Thank you, yes I have charged she had 4 hours free and the rest have charged for.
Am really annoyed as my eldest been off today as school on strike its a gorgeous day and could have taken him out :(

Mouse
17-10-2013, 01:51 PM
What does it say in your contracts about charging for their absence? Have you put a start date on the contract and are these days included in it? Do you charge in advance?

If you have made it clear in your contracts that you charge for the child being off and that these settling in days are included in that then you need to charge it. Hopefully you will take payment in advance so you have already been paid.

If these are just short sessions the child is doing now, it isn't a bad thing that this has come up so soon into the contract. It only covers a couple of hours, so isn't a lot for mum to be having to pay out, but it does give you the opportunity to show how things work.

S Stars
17-10-2013, 01:58 PM
These sessions are as 4 weeks settling in and contract starts next week but as per contract the only time there is no charge is when I am not available to provide the service.

So can I still charge?
Thanks x

KaicosMummy
17-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Absolutely I would charge, one because it was a booked session and you are not a creche to just drop on and out of, also it will set a precedent for the rest of your contract together, if you allow her not to pay this time she may very well turn round the next time little one is off and say that she does bot expect to pay as you have let her off before. So I would definately charge, but ultimately it is your decision x

Koala
17-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, I would charge and I would be p'eed off too.

OK I know kids fall asleep and all that but really she isn't doing the lo any favours by not continuing the settling in sessions. :panic: :panic: and i'm sorry to say it doesn't bode well for a mutually respectful, professional relationship for the future.

So good luck but at the first sign of inconsiderate timekeeping you need to nip it in the bud! :thumbsup:

S Stars
17-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you to you all for your replies. I have decided i am going to charge. It's only an hour and a half but today is usually my day off ( at the moment!) and it was an extra session booked so that it wasn't such a big gap until I see lo again on Monday and I stayed in and prepared for her.

Thanks again for your opinions and views, much appreciated xx