PDA

View Full Version : ELF ON THE SHELF

angeldelight
17-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Do any of you do this or are you dong it this year ?

You can buy your elf form anywhere

Kids love it

Home | The Elf on the Shelf (http://www.elfontheshelf.com/)

Angel xxx

angeldelight
17-10-2013, 09:01 AM
My Little Elf (http://mylittleelf.co.uk/#christmas-elf-tradition)

These packs are not ready now till next year

Any where else we can get packs ?

Angel xx

AliceK
17-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I do this but with a reindeer called Gerald. He arrives on the doorstep at the beginning of December and he is placed somewhere where he can see the children. He comes with a letter from Santa explaining that he is one of Santa's helpers and needs to report back to Santa every night on how the children have been behaving. But every night when we are all asleep he gets up to mischief. He climbs the Christmas tree, gets into the biscuit cupboard and starts eating the biscuits, has a tea party with the toys in the playroom etc etc. All this is photographed. The children can't wait to look at the camera in the mornings to see what Gerald has been up to in the night. He is also in a different place each morning. The children know that they can talk to him but they are not allowed to touch him.They LOVE him :) He goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve with santa when santa comes. The first year I started this both kids were in tears on Christmas morning when they realised he had gone, oops :panic:, they're okay now though because they know he will be back again next year.

xxx

Tink
17-10-2013, 09:13 AM
What a lovely idea, I've not heard of this before but it's a shame there are no packs left :(

angeldelight
17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
What a lovely idea, I've not heard of this before but it's a shame there are no packs left :(

Yes but it's a lot cheaper to do your own

I put the links up for guidance and for those that didn't have a clue what I was on about ha

Angel xxx

Rolacolapink
17-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I do this but with a reindeer called Gerald. He arrives on the doorstep at the beginning of December and he is placed somewhere where he can see the children. He comes with a letter from Santa explaining that he is one of Santa's helpers and needs to report back to Santa every night on how the children have been behaving. But every night when we are all asleep he gets up to mischief. He climbs the Christmas tree, gets into the biscuit cupboard and starts eating the biscuits, has a tea party with the toys in the playroom etc etc. All this is photographed. The children can't wait to look at the camera in the mornings to see what Gerald has been up to in the night. He is also in a different place each morning. The children know that they can talk to him but they are not allowed to touch him.They LOVE him :) He goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve with santa when santa comes. The first year I started this both kids were in tears on Christmas morning when they realised he had gone, oops :panic:, they're okay now though because they know he will be back again next year. xxx

What a brilliant idea my kids would love this!! :-)

angeldelight
17-10-2013, 09:44 AM
I do this but with a reindeer called Gerald. He arrives on the doorstep at the beginning of December and he is placed somewhere where he can see the children. He comes with a letter from Santa explaining that he is one of Santa's helpers and needs to report back to Santa every night on how the children have been behaving. But every night when we are all asleep he gets up to mischief. He climbs the Christmas tree, gets into the biscuit cupboard and starts eating the biscuits, has a tea party with the toys in the playroom etc etc. All this is photographed. The children can't wait to look at the camera in the mornings to see what Gerald has been up to in the night. He is also in a different place each morning. The children know that they can talk to him but they are not allowed to touch him.They LOVE him :) He goes back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve with santa when santa comes. The first year I started this both kids were in tears on Christmas morning when they realised he had gone, oops :panic:, they're okay now though because they know he will be back again next year.

xxx

That's brilliant Alice
We have a reindeer so I might use that instead too

Angel xx

FussyElmo
17-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Oh no the creepy elf on the shelf has made it into the forum :panic::panic::panic:

clareelizabeth1
17-10-2013, 11:00 AM
I was going to do elf on the shelf when ds was old enough. Think I like the idea of a raindear more

Twinkling Stars
17-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I have had one for you few years. You can get the packs from Amazon or ebay x

PixiePetal
17-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Hey Fussy don't diss the Elf!

I have bought one as I found it at a more reasonable price than in previous years. Hoping to do it with mindees and then keep for grandchildren (in the future I hope!) Love Elves and Pixies :D

Lots of ideas on Pinterest of what to do with him/her

Got mine from the book depository

FussyElmo
17-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Hey Fussy don't diss the Elf!

I have bought one as I found it at a more reasonable price than in previous years. Hoping to do it with mindees and then keep for grandchildren (in the future I hope!) Love Elves and Pixies :D

Lots of ideas on Pinterest of what to do with him/her

Got mine from the book depository

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Creepy little elves who come in the house and do mischief at night. No thank you I spend all my days stopping my monkeys from getting into mischief.

Why can they be nice elves who come in and make me shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubybubbles
17-10-2013, 01:13 PM
no idea! seen lots of people getting far to excited on fb over them:laughing::laughing:

starlight1
17-10-2013, 01:56 PM
the DVD is £2.99 at Argos ..Someone on FB also posted that ..You learn so much from FB:laughing:

jackie 7
17-10-2013, 02:10 PM
The only elf I want is the one that refills my wine bottle.

Tazmin68
20-10-2013, 06:35 AM
You can buy them from eBay and are available.

Deb

clareelizabeth1
20-10-2013, 07:23 AM
The only elf I want is the one that refills my wine bottle.

From what I've seen it's more likely to drink it.

bunyip
20-10-2013, 07:30 AM
:laughing:

Hey, why not start them young getting used to the surveillance society.

Actually, since it's a US website, I'm amazed they're not deploying Elf Reconnaissance Drones. :laughing:

....................................or are they????? :rolleyes:

tas
20-10-2013, 07:36 AM

xxx

That sounds so lovely........... i'm off to buy an Elf! :)

Bumble Beez
20-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I've not done this before...simply because I've never really took any interest in it...
May do it this year, however I'm a little confused of what to do, I'm off to search for a dummies guide to elf on the shelf :laughing:

Sarah x

bunyip
20-10-2013, 07:59 AM
It's an idea that Gove and Truss want to expand to all CMs.

The plan is to have an elf in every setting which will continuously monitor the actions and performance of all providers nationwide.

The scheme is to be overseen by the national regulatory body: Elfsted. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
20-10-2013, 08:01 AM
It's an idea that Gove and Truss want to expand to all CMs.

The plan is to have an elf in every setting which will continuously monitor the actions and performance of all providers nationwide.

The scheme is to be overseen by the national regulatory body: Elfsted. :rolleyes:

See I knew there was a reason I didn't like those creepy little elves :laughing::laughing::laughing:

bunyip
20-10-2013, 08:03 AM
See I knew there was a reason I didn't like those creepy little elves :laughing::laughing::laughing:

'Unsatisfactory' settings will be monitored by elves with tazers. :p

cupcakencookie
20-10-2013, 11:00 AM
My elf is on his way from the Book Depository- errm I mean North Pole... posted within 24 hours and at £23.99 and free postage the cheapest I could find!

Maza
20-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm with Alice K on this one. I don't think the elves are that cute and DD probably won't either so I have a little woolly snowman. You can buy elves in Ikea.

Not sure I could think of 24 funny ideas though. I like the underwear on the tree and drinking the beer bit I'm a bit stuck after that. I'm sure we'll come up with some wild and onderful ideas together on this forum. I can't wait already to see what your elves get up to! x

AliceK
20-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm with Alice K on this one. I don't think the elves are that cute and DD probably won't either so I have a little woolly snowman. You can buy elves in Ikea.

Not sure I could think of 24 funny ideas though. I like the underwear on the tree and drinking the beer bit I'm a bit stuck after that. I'm sure we'll come up with some wild and onderful ideas together on this forum. I can't wait already to see what your elves get up to! x

Yes it does get hard after a while and sometimes I forget to do it and then have to rush back downstairs in the night when I suddenly remember and quickly think of something to do and photo. I must admit after about 10 days I'm wondering why on earth I started doing this :panic:

xxx

caz3007
20-10-2013, 06:01 PM
A friend did this last year and blogged it, will go and look for some ideas...lol.

I have got the £4 elf from Ikea, well he cost me a fiver with his travel expenses from another CM on FB

ruby
20-10-2013, 06:04 PM
i brought book, elf and DVD last year the mindees loved it just got to keep remembering to move

cathy

SandCastles
20-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Not 100% sure I can commit to this, maybe when school finishes I can do this for the last week before Xmas with my own sons. Will keep watching this thread.

Maza
20-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Not 100% sure I can commit to this, maybe when school finishes I can do this for the last week before Xmas with my own sons. Will keep watching this thread.

LOL! It does seem like a big commitment doesn't it?! At our busiest time of the year too! I already do an activity calendar (a Christmas activity inside her Christmas stocking garland each day). Sometimes at the end of the day you just need to flop into bed rather than produce more merriment!

Tazmin68
26-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Received my elf in his box with letter chic coins etc. really looking forward to getting him out the beginning of December.
Bought him from eBay and received him quite quickly

ja-lula-belli
26-10-2013, 05:24 PM
A friend did this last year and blogged it, will go and look for some ideas...lol.

I have got the £4 elf from Ikea, well he cost me a fiver with his travel expenses from another CM on FB

Fab gonna get one tomorrow x

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

cherry
26-11-2013, 09:32 AM
I've just noticed Ikea are doing Elf hats for children :)

VITSIG Children's hat - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70247545/)

ja-lula-belli
26-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I've just noticed Ikea are doing Elf hats for children :)

VITSIG Children's hat - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70247545/)

Yeah and shoes. So cute

smurfette
27-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah and shoes. So cute Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

Have you a link for the shoes can't find them?

cherry
27-11-2013, 01:23 PM
PIFFIG Children's shoes - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90247728/)

:thumbsup:

smurfette
27-11-2013, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE="cherry;1323557"]PIFFIG Children's shoes - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90247728/) :thumbsup:[/QUOT

Cheers! Shame they don't do the costumes I am on the hunt for one for dd

Katiekoo
27-11-2013, 03:40 PM
My dh's grandma brought an Elf on the Shelf back from America for our dd, I want to use it with the Mindees. I've never done it before, very exciting!

bunyip
27-11-2013, 06:52 PM
My dh's grandma brought an Elf on the Shelf back from America for our dd, I want to use it with the Mindees. I've never done it before, very exciting!

I should be careful with that one.

You want to be sure it's giving your coordinates to Santa and not arranging for a bunch of US military drones to home in on your setting. :p

Katiekoo
27-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Ha! Tee hee! :laughing:

I should be careful with that one.

You want to be sure it's giving your coordinates to Santa and not arranging for a bunch of US military drones to home in on your setting. :p

beachgirl29
27-11-2013, 08:20 PM
anyone got a link to all the stuff to make an elf on the shelf? i got an ikea elf and want to make the bits for it at the weekend. what's in the elf pack?? anyone got a list?

Vikki5531
27-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi,

The Elf on the Shelf I have has the following:

* Candy cane and chocolate coin (this is for the Elf to pay his board while he stays with you)

* Introductory letter from Santa

* Magic Elf bell for Elf to ring if he needs to speak with Santa

* Magic Elf Dust if he loses his magic

* Elf Passport

* Report Card (this is for the Elf to fill in the Child's behaviour)

* Reindeer food to sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve

* Leaving letter - this is to replace the Elf under the tree on Christmas Eve to explain his departure

That's pretty much everything, just got to think of lots of different ideas now for the Elf to get up to! xx

bunyip
28-11-2013, 10:40 AM
anyone got a link to all the stuff to make an elf on the shelf? i got an ikea elf and want to make the bits for it at the weekend. what's in the elf pack?? anyone got a list?

1. Aquire elf.

2. Locate shelf.

3. Fix elf to shelf with 6 inch nail through bum to keep in place? :huh:

Yours, Grinchily as ever.....................b :rolleyes:

beachgirl29
28-11-2013, 02:08 PM
1. Aquire elf.

2. Locate shelf.

3. Fix elf to shelf with 6 inch nail through bum to keep in place? :huh:

Yours, Grinchily as ever.....................b :rolleyes:

This way does sound easier then doing all the other stuff lol.

cherry
13-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't this be great to use this Christmas for our elves

The Magic Door Store Fairy Door Elf Door (http://www.themagicdoorstore.com/home/4580091735)

ja-lula-belli
13-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Looks brilliant!

AgentTink
13-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I bought one of these doors (bit less pricey) and put in my Elf box for when he arrived. The door is staying up all year, and is still on our stairs now :):thumbsup:

The Fairies Workshop (http://www.thefairiesworkshop.co.uk/#!product/prd1/621339371/magical-small-fairy-door)

bunyip
13-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Santa's surveillance monitor screens have gone blank and fuzzy with static.

The 'Elves on the shelves' are now the 'Elves back in the boxes in the attics'.

Poor unloved elves..................... :(