PDA

View Full Version : Finally a HV who appreciates my 2 Yr check

AliceK
17-10-2013, 08:44 AM
:clapping: Really pleased. I've done a few 2 yr checks now and as expected really the HV's haven't been in the slightest bit interested in them. I had one of my 2yr olds who was having his HV check earlier this week so I did his 2yr check and gave it to mum telling her that the HV should see it but don't be surprised if they are not interested. LO comes back today and mum said HV was really appreciative of it, read it and agreed with it :clapping: At last. So it's not always in vain.

xxxxx

karen m
17-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice to hear xxx

PixiePetal
17-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Mine was welcomed too - parent only told me day before the check so I quickly went through her file and wrote a sentence on each area with a summary.

Will stick to keeping it brief in the future too as it is more likely to be looked at :)

I was glad I had not just wasted my time and it did bring up the fact that child ran a bit 'wonky' with one leg flinging out!

AliceK
17-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Mine was welcomed too - parent only told me day before the check so I quickly went through her file and wrote a sentence on each area with a summary.

Will stick to keeping it brief in the future too as it is more likely to be looked at :)

I was glad I had not just wasted my time and it did bring up the fact that child ran a bit 'wonky' with one leg flinging out!

Yes mine are short too. The 3 prime areas are set out on 1 x A4 sheet along with the ages and I write a few sentences in each area and circle the age they are currently at in those areas then do a summary on the child and what their next steps are. Very simple and quick to read :thumbsup:

xxxx

Bluebell
17-10-2013, 12:07 PM
I use the LA recomended ones cos they cover the areas briefly and are nicely laid out with room for concerns and comments etc.

One I did was to refer a child for hearing test and speech and that did happen and child did have a problem which is now being addressed so pleased that this was the one I made sure I did in time for the check - often caught out with them if parent doesn't tell you and they are earlier than the 2 years 3 months!

Rubybubbles
17-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I did one back in july for my mindie (then 19 months) as an end of term report

Good job I did, as lo had their HV check early Sept even though not 2 until end of November:rolleyes:

eddie
17-10-2013, 02:47 PM
It's nice to be appreciated!