PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr

smurfette
16-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Two year old refusing to sleep, now shouting and roaring to wake others! There is no way she doesn't need a nap but how do you stop them disturbing others when they are in this mood?

cathtee
16-10-2013, 12:58 PM
pepper pig works wonders to keep them quiet while others sleep but don't tell Ofsted:laughing:

MessybutHappy
16-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Pushchair in the kitchen? Old enough to understand, leave there until the others are properly asleep?

JCrakers
16-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not embarrassed to say I do put the TV on at sleep/rest time.

Firstly its quiet time, other children may be sleeping or may need to sleep. 1 child needs a sleep, sometimes wont but will if she watches a bit of Peppa pig, Ben and Holly to wind down.
We sometimes have a sit down on the sofa and watch 20-30mins of TV. Otherwise were just on the go all day and a bit of TV is good in moderation :D

Plus I'm not interested what Ofsted have to say.....its what I do :cool:

smurfette
16-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Pushchair in the kitchen? Old enough to understand, leave there until the others are properly asleep?

I have one in pushchair in hall and one in kitchen, but one will sleep in cot in playroom but I took him out and put him into buggy as she was loud! Think i will swap them that's worth a try.

Also jcrackers thanks might try her on the couch maybe she is out growing cot has just occurred to me I think she was moved to bed at home recently. I have others who nap on couch beside me when they grow out of cot

Mum has just told me she has been up all the last two nights which you would think would have made her tired enough to sleep but could also be teeth or something? Mum is asking should I take her to doctor she has also been quite grumpy last couple days but I had dosed her with nurofen so would have thought if that was it she would have slept! Sometimes I wonder if they are just playing the wag!!

smurfette
16-10-2013, 01:51 PM
pepper pig works wonders to keep them quiet while others sleep but don't tell Ofsted:laughing:

No Ofsted here thank God, peppa pig worth a shot!