PDA

View Full Version : What a joke

Greengrass74
16-10-2013, 11:06 AM
We are very lucky as we will be having a fully qualified Paramedic joining us as an assistant for occasional help.

Have just got off the phone from Ofsted and I cannot believe the conversation. I told them that she was a fully trained Paramedic and that she does deliver paediatric first aid training, however they were unsure as to whether she needed to do the training herself and to speak with the Local Authority to check this out. What a joke!!!!!!!!:laughing:
I suppose I can see where that are coming from, I wouldn't like my child to be left alone with a fully trained paramedic in case they have an accident:rolleyes:

dawn100
16-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Unbelievable! But then should you be surprised with this response from ofsted - the organisation which doesn't have a shred of common sense!

ninagee
16-10-2013, 11:20 AM
My DH is a fully qualified paramedic and my assistant when he is home.

He is also a first aid trainer but OfSTED insisted that he had to have paediatric first aid.

They said its the same rule for everyone even if they are a doctor!

This was about 3 years ago so I will email them again to see what they say now.

Nina :-)

hectors house
16-10-2013, 12:53 PM
My daughter is a qualified lifeguard and has to attend wet and dryside training every month - she knows far more first aid than I do but she had to do paediatric 12 hour course as she hadn't done the childhood illnesses part, when I wanted to register her as my emergency assistant.