PDA

View Full Version : Polish Child

Fraggle1
15-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello all, I look after a wonderful Polish boy and one of the main reasons his family wanted him to come to me was to learn English. I checked with them and they are happy that he speaks English here and Polish at home. I do have Polish books and Flash cards so he still has Polish text around my house. I have tried to learn a couple of words but wow is it hard! lol I am going to try harder but I suppose what I'm asking will Ofsted see this as a failing? At the end of the day I have discussed it with the family and they are so happy and always excited when I tell them about the English sentences he has been saying and I have a very good relationship with them. Thanks for any advice :) x

yummyripples
15-10-2013, 07:45 PM
As far as I am aware they will just want you to be able to say a few key words

yummyripples
15-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Ask his parents for a list of words (give them a list) and keep the list visible with pictures if possible.
Have polish words on your toy boxes too x

yummyripples
15-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Me again. Put the polish word for door on the door and window on the window, that sort of thing. I also had a caterpillar with different colour circles. In each circle I had the name of the colour written in Spanish (where mindee was from) and English. It was only small words but helped me no end.
I will keep thinking what else I did

Fraggle1
15-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Wonderful - very very helpful :) Thankyou I'm just starting to learn to count to 10 lol x

yummyripples
15-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Just anything that you have in English put the polish translation next to it. Google translate is fab x

yummyripples
15-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Ooh and I made a placemat with a4 paper and a laminator. It had fruits on it with English and Spanish. I also wrote what snack shall we have today x

Fraggle1
15-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Fabby! I'm going to get working on some of these. Was thinking of making a place mat for him today :)