PDA

View Full Version : How many times do parents text you each day?

unalindura77
15-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I have one who texts at least 4 times 'HOW IS X?'

One who doesn't text at all and relies on daily diary if wants to know anything. Laid back and trusting style...

Another ad hoq who will text if lo unwell but not other than that....

Do you find it annoying when you get a text at each interval of the day?

scottishlass
15-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I have one who doesn't text and all (unless for a specific reason) and happy to go along with whatever is happening.

I have another who texts the night before given a big update in them and then texts at least twice though the day while the kids are here! Xx

ziggy
15-10-2013, 02:31 PM
mine only text if going to be late/early etc

I did have a mummy last year who had child with toileting problem, I text to tell her child had done poo in toilet, she text back asking how long it was:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The day i have to measure poo is the day i find employment elsewhere

Think I would be replying very briefly and explaining that you cant always answer

singingcactus
15-10-2013, 02:58 PM
It varies. Some text loads (or fb message) and we hold a conversation throughout the day as we can. Some text/message periodically if they have a question, comment, etc. Some are ignorant wotsits who don't acknowledge texts, pics, or any other kind of contact unless it benefits them personally(have one particular young lady in mind).
I had one mum who we started a conversation with last week in texts and it is still going on lol. Hasn't always stayed on topic :laughing:
I think all my parents know I am happy with e-contact so we go for it big time. But I never used to like it when I was on a payg contract. Hated it when they texted me then, cost me a fortune. In fact it is one other parents fault that I now have all types of social media and a full on massive package contract on my phone, as well as a smart phone and tablet. She got me hooked :D wouldn't stop texting me so I eventually stopped resisting.

smurfette
15-10-2013, 03:15 PM
I have one who also has an iPhone and we have random conversations at all times, whether kids are with me or not! She will text me if they do something new or funny which is lovely, and when I have them I do the same, it is ongoing sometimes if she is moaning about lack of sleep or something! We have gotten closer this way and she understands I can't always reply straight away. Most of my others only do if little one is unwell or if they have a different contact number for the day. I use an online app for most diaries and some never acknowledge them or the pics I email some do. Is this a new parent who texts so often? Sometimes I find this and it peters out as they get more secure (mum not Lo!) but it would be annoying if it happened all the time! Maybe she is missing Lo a lot or wishes she was having fun with Lo like you do?

Abbiec
15-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Parents text, every now and then to ask how LO is or if child is feeling unwell or to ask a question, I don't really mind either way x

greanan
15-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I have one who normally texts a lot from her getting up in the morning till her going to sleep, I don't mind. I'm close friends with her and love hearing and seeing about her little bits day when not at mine. Others only texts if asking something and one never texts, and often ignores my texts and photos I've sent if lo - grrr!

starlight1
15-10-2013, 05:02 PM
mine usually only text for a reason...When baby started mum popped in for the first few days but now she knows she is fine .. and just leaves her

blue bear
15-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Mine don't text much, I'm useless at answering

Natalierose
15-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I generally text all parents 1 text whilst their child is having a nap, a little update on how they have been in the morning and what we plan to do that afternoon x

Glitter
15-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Thankfully we have no mobile signal in my house unless we put the phones on the bathroom window sill.
I always tell parents they can text me, but if I don't go out I won't get the message.
Parents always seem reluctant to call on my landline so I usually don't have any interruptions to my important den building and story time with their children.

bindy
15-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Never, unless to say they are picking up early or running late!

Ripeberry
15-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I text my parents more! Usually to show them a cute/funny picture of what their child had just done.

tas
15-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I never get texts from mine unless to let me know of a change of plans and the only time I text is in the first weeks to let parents know how little one is settling in

weedotes
15-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Does any body use what's app ? Some of my parents in fact most have downloaded it . Now I can share photos with them for no extra charge . The parents working away from home especially like it and always send nice comments back . Other than that they mostly text just to keep me uptodate with any changes in routines or plans and maybe enquire about a child if they had some special occasion on at school or clubs .

line6
16-10-2013, 06:16 AM
I use whatsapp and my parents love that I can send a quick pic during the day. I only have one set of parents to contend with tho and they are lovely. May be annoying to have contact all day from multiple people if they are questioning everything!

silvermist
16-10-2013, 06:35 AM
I use whatsapp too. My parents love getting a surprise pic of their lo having fun. I also gets texts whether I have los or not lol. But the parents are good at usually only texting for a reason. X

lilac_dragon
16-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Mine usually only text if lo isn't too well or if they're going to be early or late.
BUT
One parent texts me repeatedly to ask if lo is OK, probably about once an hour. Lo has been with me for 3 years so not like she's new and settling, and loves coming, can't get through the door quick enough!
I'm afraid I now only answer at lunchtime and just say Sorry too busy to reply to messages but Yes she's fine.

greanan
16-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Does any body use what's app ? Some of my parents in fact most have downloaded it . Now I can share photos with them for no extra charge . The parents working away from home especially like it and always send nice comments back . Other than that they mostly text just to keep me uptodate with any changes in routines or plans and maybe enquire about a child if they had some special occasion on at school or clubs .

I use whatsapp with the patent who texts a lot. She often works away so it good for sending her photos and videos. The others don't even reply to a photo so I've stopped bothering!!!

AliceK
16-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Mine usually only text if lo isn't too well or if they're going to be early or late.
BUT
One parent texts me repeatedly to ask if lo is OK, probably about once an hour. Lo has been with me for 3 years so not like she's new and settling, and loves coming, can't get through the door quick enough!
I'm afraid I now only answer at lunchtime and just say Sorry too busy to reply to messages but Yes she's fine.

Same here. Very annoying isn't it :panic:

xxxx

samb
16-10-2013, 12:46 PM
I probably text them more than they text me! I like to keep them informed

JCrakers
16-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Normally they don't. Reasons to text are if little one hasn't eaten for the whole weekend, I might get a quick text 'How is xx?'

New parents know they can text or ring at anytime and I usually update with 1 text mid morning and they text once maybe