PDA

View Full Version : Daily diaries

dawnn93
15-10-2013, 09:56 AM
I have been doing daily diaries for my young mindees but feel as if I'm just writing them and parents aren't signing them to acknowledge them does anyone else have a similar problem and how did they resolve it

MessybutHappy
15-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't ask them to sign! I write it, if they want to read it, fab, if not, I don't mind. If they are clearly never looking and the child is a bit older, I ask if they want me to continue, and hope they say no!

JoRo163
15-10-2013, 12:32 PM
I now only do diaries up to the child's 2nd birthday. I was becoming such a chore and I think most parents were not reading them. I do a verbal handover anyway, so I now only do a written diary for my youngest mindees

tulip0803
15-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I do daily diaries for all of mine that are under 4 (when they start school here) I know the parents must read them because they often leave them at home because they have taken them out of the bag to read:rolleyes:. I had a new child start last week and this Mum is the only one who has everwritten in the diary, she summed up what the child had done on the days he is not with me.

All my parents like the daily diary

scottishlass
15-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I do daily diarys for all my pre-school children and no parent has ever written in them!

They do read them tho as comment to me on things they have read!

Xx

moggy
15-10-2013, 04:42 PM
My parents all write at least a paragraph every day, sometime a whole page or more- all about their weekend, breakfast, how they slept, news from home, wishing us a nice day etc!

charlottenash
15-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I do daily diary for 18mo but send it home at weekends only and I get a lovely paragraph about what they've been upto over the weekend

Other 4yo has daily diary but mainly to see what he's eaten and slept, not that interested in what he's been upto.

Kerry30
15-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I have one parent who loves the daily diary but never writes in it. And one who kept forgetting to bring it so i dont even bother to ask for it now. I only do them for LO's. And i do tell parents stuff verbally. To be fair tho alot of info goes in their scrapbooks . I do find the daily diaries get abit repetitive so just write bullets points now about what we've done.